BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find what the Tourqe spec is on that little plate on the back of the head, anyone got it?? Anthony

------------------
86 4-Runner STILL stock

·
Registered
802 Posts
You have a little plate in the back of your head? MY implant is in my nasal cavity.

I had a quick look through my 1984 Toyota manual; there doesn't appear to be a torque spec for a plate back there for EFI or carb engines.

------------------
Greg Sue
85 Toyota X-cab
http://media-north.com/4wd/

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's were the coolant switches sides, it's just a little iron plate, I can find it in my Haynes, but it doesn't give the spec on it. Also I need the Throttle body tourqe spec as well. Thank YOu, Anthony

------------------
86 4-Runner STILL stock

·
Registered
416 Posts
Throttle body torque spec is 13 Ft-lbs.It is on page 132 in section 4.

------------------
"Born and Bred To Rip and Shred"

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you don't have a torque **** just go by the size of the bolt it's probly a 12mm bolt do about 15-20 ft lbs.

------------------
Treading Heavily

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, its 12mm, I was thinking that it would be around 13 ft/lbs., it felt around that when I took it off, thanxs alot.

------------------
86 4-Runner STILL stock

·
Registered
363 Posts
some engines had EGR gas cooler that fit into that hole, most didn't and had a plate to cover that hole. i can't off the the top of my head remember finding a torque spec. for that part. in the front of your haynes, there is a chart which gives you general torque guidelines based on bolt size. just remember that they refer to the tread diameter, not head size.

------------------
go BIG, or go home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts