BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dramus, I have an ARB front bumper with a removable towbar attached. I tow everywhere. I recently bought the modified 2wd low-range t-case fork from Petroworks. This gives you a true t-case neutral as well as 2wd low range. By disconnecting the front driveline and t-case, it should save a lot of wear and tear. I also bought the magnetic tow lights,, and I love
them! The nice thing about a Samurai is that you don't even know its following you.

------------------
86 Sami, 5:12's, Detroit, GRSII, ML's F&R, full cage, cross-over steering, ARB w/Warn 8000, etc...

·
Registered
199 Posts
My advice is to make sure all driveshaft bolts are TIGHT!!! trust me, you do not want one of those things coming loose at 90 km an hour behind a pickup. Makes a mess of your spacers and other stuff.
I towed mine behind an F150, didnt even know the damn thing was there, i followed the dealer instructions for towing, can't remember what they are right now though, something like t-case in neutral and tranny in 2nd i think...? Call suzuki and the can tell you.

Rhys

------------------
1991 Samurai
SPOA, Rocklobster, Warn 8274 winch

G

·
I towed mine with it in second and tcase in neutral and it works great.Once it's loaded with an ATV 20 gallons of gas generator and a few more goodies you could feel it behind the 90 toy.I tell you it's fun towing in the snow(yeah right).Watch out for the push steer on wet roads as well.You can make a towbar very easily yourself.BTW for legality purposes the towed vehicle can be no more than 1000kg and the vehicle must be at least double the weight.If you want to tow more it must be behind an RV and sorry I can't remember the minimum gvw.

------------------
If it's too deep go faster

[This message has been edited by rob (edited March 25, 2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts