BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TOY 22RE into a SJ410

Anyone now of any sites detailing this conversion or any thoughts about this conversion including tips, tricks and gotcha's.

Tanx!

------------------
A real 4by is one that has been over on all four sides.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I know a guy who put a 22R in an LJ so you should be able to do it to an SJ. I think the worst parts were making the mounts, making the clutch work(toy 2wd tranny), and he used an electric fan that was sorta hard to fit(unded up using hood pins).

------------------
YOU TOUCHA MY TRUCK, I BREAKA YOUR FACE

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an sj410 with a toyota 1.8 litre motor and toyota 5 speed tranny. Had to make new motor mounts, tranny mounts cut the front grill out, and the rad is out front behind the bush bar. I dont know enough about your motor, but if you do enough cutting and welding i'm sure it should work. Good luck

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i run a 22r in my 86 sammy,toy mini truck everything no 2by stuff.used the toy rad and made my own mounts to put it where the sammy one was use an electric fan pusher and mount it in front of the rad but still behind the grill.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess the fit of the block is tight front to rear so getting the stock rad fan to fit is not an option eh???

does the yota trans have a slip yoke? how much room to the transfer case and how did you adapt to it.

Is the gear shifter in the right spot or is a custom hole needed

tanx

any web sites out there about this?

------------------
A real 4by is one that has been over on all four sides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts