BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a bj70 will low miles on it , anyway i am getting about only 21 mpg running with factory set ratio diff and 31" tires. not happy with the mileage. how do i increase the mileage with out changing the diff or tire. i heard that there is an adjustment screw that i can tinker with. thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
I remember the days when I used to get that milage, no a full tank of high test I get 230 to 245 km`s per tank 85 runner 35`s and to meny lights up top

·
Registered
144 Posts
Keep you air filter clean, keep your tires inflated to the proper specs.

Try to be in overdrive as much as possible, the usual stuff. Phone the diesel injection shops and ask them if they carry Stanadyne diesel fuel treatment. IT should give you a boost in your mileage. There is supposed to be a screw on the injection pump but i don;t know anything about how to mess with it.

------------------
470,800 and rising
I am the black cloud of somke that flies by at 3500rpm!
(Please note diesel smoke is dangerous so lay off the throttle!)

·
Registered
133 Posts
tell me it sucks I know, rarely get the runner out of 3rd on the hwy, 4th on the down hills

·
1,269 Posts
Sounds like somebody needs a visit from the ring and pinion fairy

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

[This message has been edited by Big Bad Pete (edited January 07, 2002).]

·
Registered
504 Posts
Originally posted by Big Bad Pete:
Sounds like somebody needs a visit from the ring and pinion fairy

maybe due to you huge tires......the speedo is way!!!!!!out? mine is a good 10-15% with 33's and 5.29's. Just something to consider

------------------

·
Registered
133 Posts
gears are on there way, sent the money today

[This message has been edited by snowman6971 (edited January 08, 2002).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.