BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had enough of the bloody LSPV. The thing has got to go. Can anyone tell me why there are two brake lines running the entire length of the body to this damned thing? I can't see a return line being needed. Do both brake lines connect to the master cylinder or do they connect at a "T" and then the master cylinder? Basically I am looking at getting some of that flex fit brake line and running it from the MC straight to the rear brakes as I am sure a new line from Toyota will be hundreds of dollars. And if both the lines are neccesary I will need both of them.

So has anyone tried this sort of thing themselves? Can you get the flex line stuff in the same thread? Do your rear brakes lock up pre-maturely?

Thanks.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ya I can agree, I had ABS on my pickup so it was even worse. Basically I removed one of the lines to the back and put a manual proportioning valve inline with the one remaining. The other line off the master cylinder goes to the front brakes. I tried it without the valve but the rear brakes would lock up.

·
Registered
802 Posts
What don't you like about the LSPV? Did you install a bracket to lift the arm up to match your rear lift?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't like the fact that they continually leak. I see a ton come in at work leaking all the time. If I reseal it or replace it with a used one, chances are it will leak too. Nevermind the fact that I now can't replace it without replacing both brake lines feeding it. I priced them out today at over 100 bucks each. I soaked them for three days in penetrating oil. They were so rusted that the tips of each bolt rounded instantly, no amount of soaking or heating can fix that.....

Anyone know why there are two lines??

·
1,269 Posts
Not to mention the fact that they LOVE to rust behind the valve on the frame there.. mine came off and took a nice big chunk of the frame with it. :violin

·
Registered
802 Posts
Son of a...

Mine's leaking too, just a bit of moisture on the boot. Huh, who knew! I've got one of those little manual jobbies that Richard Sikich machined up; no idea how it gets installed but I guess I'll have to get around to it.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That leak will get worse fast. It's funny, mine started out as nothing, just a bit of stray fluid, and 2 months later it was at least one drip every night on the ground. Funny thing is it has just satyed about the same since then. Just thought of another reason I hate them. When they leak, you try to go in and bleed all the air out of the system because of the leak (or brake job you just did) and the bleed nipple screw snaps off instantly. Damn it!

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
stubbytoy- where did you get the proportioning valve and how much bling was it??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts