BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to put the Toyota drive shaft on Sammy. I have two drive shafts have been shorten however the drive shafts are one side bigger than the other! (I have 1990 Sammy which has a bigger flange!) Anyone know the any alternative please help!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I don't really understand what you typed, but if you are looking to put a Toyota shaft in a Samurai:

One solution is to make adapters similar to the driveshaft spacers that are sold on the aftermarket.

The difference here would be that the spacer/adpater would be Toy on one side, and Samurai on the other.

You can make these easily on a lathe and drill press, using the Toy and Sami flanges as templates.

------------------
jo-jo
http://island4x4.com

"Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the centre of the universe". - Fishbone circa 1993

"I love the smell of Argon in the morning, smells like victory".

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert Humphrey

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have two front drive shafts which are from 1987 and 1990 4Runner. Both drive shafts have been shorten original lenght which are same as Sammy. One side can fit on 1990 Suzuki bigger flange. However, the other is too big I don't think it would fit even redrill other holes on the same flange. I really want to know anyone tried the Toyota flange on Sammy's T-case. Or anyone know can I change bigger side of drive shaft to same as small side? jo-jo Thank you so much for your information.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ok...well I'll be spinning up some adapters for Toy mini truck to SJ410 within the next week or so...I'll post some pics.

------------------
jo-jo
http://island4x4.com

"Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the centre of the universe". - Fishbone circa 1993

"I love the smell of Argon in the morning, smells like victory".

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert Humphrey

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for you help jo-jo. I just talk to someone who told me I can go to Breeze industry to make Toyota drive shafts with same size. So they can fit in my 1990 Suzuki flauges. However, I am interested to see how the Toyota flange to fit in Suzuki T-case. If you have further information. please let me know!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts