BC 4x4 Forums banner

Is it a good idea?

• Yes! I'll add what I can.

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Sure if your doing all the work.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • I'll just ask if I need to.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just shut up and get a new frame already!

Votes: 1 4.5%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I don't know if anyone is intrested in this but here it goes. While looking for info on swapping chevy springs into my toy I found the faq that was created on pirate4x4 `cuz the question had been asked so many times. I started thinking that with all of the knowledge on this BB that a similar faq here might not be a bad idea. I would be more then happy to edit and update it seeing as how I can't work on my truck right now I have lots of time. I'll build a table of contents and search through the postings for the right answers but I don't think it will cover everthing, so your help will be needed. Sound good?
basically I'm thinking of something like this...

1 Toyota trucks (general)
1.1 Engine
1.2 subcatagories here
2.1 Tranny and T-Case
2.2 sub...
3.1 Suspension
3.2 sub...
4.1 Electrical
4.2 sub...
and so on...

So what does everyone think? Post up!

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
FYI, I already have some rudimentary FAQ maintenance software written which I use to manage the YJ FAQ (http://www.bc4x4.com/faqs/yj.cfm).

If one of you wants to create/manage a Toyota FAQ, I'd be happy to give you access to the s/w (it's an online program). You basically add/edit/delete stuff and it automatically shows up in the online faq (which will be at http://www.bc4x4.com/faqs/toyota.cfm).

Let me know if you're interested.

It doesn't support photos. Not sure if that's a big issue or not. If photos are req'd, I think a more in-depth tech article would be in order, and an entry in the FAQ would point to that article.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
412 Posts
Pete and I were discussing this and we compiled a bit of info but the more I thought about, and the less time I had available, I thought against it. I hate the "Do a search Newbie" attitude prevalent on the Pop up board and would hate to see it here. I suppose it would be good for general things like backspacing, amount of lift for tires, gearing though.

Mike.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I didn't think that no one had concidered doing this before, BC4x4 does have the faq for that other off-road vehical. :******* And from what I see there are as many Toy ppl here as there are Jeep. I have collected a fair amount of info for myself so far and could pull lots more from all of the surviving pre crash posts. Plus I have nothing but time right now `cuz I'm not working and I'm going fricken' nuts without something to do. I guess it would be up to Lars though to decide if it's worth it based on the responses seen here. I gotta say though that with over 70 views and only 5 votes it doesn't seem like anyone really cares one way or the other. I'm kind of dissapointed actually `cuz it could end up being a great reference for a good many questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts