BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i will be running Chevy springs/3/4 eliptical as of next week. does anyone here have any ideas to make a simple trac bar? i just need some ideas. what joints did you use to connect the bar. I was thinking connectin it from the horseshoe collar to the top of the axle?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol maybe i shuda read a bit more eh ;)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am going to be running the chevy springs and down the road 3/4 eliptical. I want to prevent everything that comes with 3/4 eliptical like axlewrap.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
PoorMans4x4 said:
i am going to be running the chevy springs and down the road 3/4 eliptical. I want to prevent everything that comes with 3/4 eliptical like axlewrap.
Ok, so you want an anti-wrap bar. The ladder bar will work. A track bar will not (it is designed to locate the axle laterally; side-to-side).

Unforunately, I don't know what a horse shoe collar is. Many people have used Heims, many of used polyurethane or rubber bushings. All work. My main concern with heims is that they might wear out sooner - once they get a little bit of play in them they start making annoying clunking sounds.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
412 Posts
lars said:

Ok, so you want an anti-wrap bar. The ladder bar will work. A track bar will not (it is designed to locate the axle laterally; side-to-side).

...lars

many people refer to a ladder bar as a "trac bar" -as in an abbreviation of "traction"

i think this is silly, and as you point out, also potentially confusing.

I guess it's easier for people to say "trac bar" than "anti-wrap bar":rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm runnin a single bar from top of diff. to above the transfer case, to a frame/cage tie in point.John Deere heims at both ends(they suck unless you drill and tap for a zerk fitting,Snortclowns trick,but they're super cheap and burl) This works really well and does not effect susp. travle/flex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts