BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is in an '89 Cherokee with a 3" lift...what are the advantages of an adjustable track bar? Is it worth the extra cash or is a stock track bar sufficient?
I'm told a 3" lift will be just fine with a stock bar.
The cheepest I could find an adjustable Track Bar was $129 (US) from Rustys Off Road... thats tooo damned much. In the end that would be close to $300(Can) probably more!
Anyone out here have a stock track bar they will part with? While your out there looking maybe you have quick disconnects as well ;o)
IMHO not being able to change the ball joint on the end of the stock track bar was ^*&[email protected]*^ dumb dumb dumb idea!
Please!! Drop me a line and hopefuly we can do a deal

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm going to try and take a bit of the bend that's in the track bar out one morning next week before work. It should straighten enough to re-align the alxe. I disconected the track bar yesterday morning hoping to relocate the mounting hole on the axle but it's only out about 1/2" so the hole overlaps. It shouldn't take much to bring it back in line.

I'll let you know how it works on mine.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Cornjeeper and I took my trackbar off, cut it in half, sleeved it with a tube and welded it so that it was 2 inches longer. Unfortunately, it was a guess length addition and we did about an inch too much, so eventually we'll have to shorten it down a bit more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts