BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to pick up a Trailmaster lift for my IFS (93).

It came off a 91 Runner. I think it should fit, would anyone know for sure?

Can`t tell you if this is a stage 1 or 2 lift, if they even offer stages?

Thanx Ty

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wil. I checked thier site already and got pretty much the same thing. Just printing out a pic so I can use that to compare the parts they list and what is on the other truck.

I would guess installation is pretty straight forward on the install?

Would someone possibly have a diagram I could beg borrow or steal?

I have the tools and all to do the install, just never done it before. Good time to learn eh?

$300 for just the front lift, and he is including the spindles, dust plates, upper and lower control arms ,ball joints and a few other pieces from the donor 91 Runner.

What has me worries is the torsion bars. inda worried about getting popped in the mouth with these suckers. Better look through my Haynes .

·
Registered
544 Posts
the lift will fit
the trail master kit is the same as the pro comp stage 1 kit(stage two adds the two bars from the lower control arm bracket to the tranny crossmember,also the front cross member bracks are one piece with the bump stop brackets,susposed to be stronger but then you can't easly cut down the bump stops to give more travle.)
oh yeah befor you even start go buy new torsion bar bolts and nuts.when you start loosening them off the just get harder and harder untill they break:angry having the new ones means you don't have to wait another day to put it back together:)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope it all fits in there. Bought it anyhow.

Gave me a deal on it for $200. Just return all the unessesary parts. Took a couple hours to find the rest of the bracketry since it was in a box in a different part of the wreckers shop.After diggin out hundreds of bolts all was there.

All looks to be in great condition. I will e-mail or phone TrailMaster to see if I can get the install directions.

Already downloaded a schematic from thier site for proper ID of the kit. Have the basics of where everything goes, just want to make damn sure it actually goes there.

I can always do a search on other sites for reader rides. That gave me tons of pics to look at.

Now after a dozen yes and no`s with ICBC, they are not covering my broken leaf springs saying it was wheelin damage, not tow truck damage from when my truck fell off his.

Lee offered me a pair of 5" lift springs, but I just cant afford the price right now. Maybe if he will hold onto them and take payments? Hmmmm.....

I want to thank you guys for the help so far

and Lars and Wils for this awesome site KUDO`s!!:beer

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Email MetalToy on this board, NSOR got him the Trailmaster instructions 4 or 5 months ago. He probably should still have them. If not I probably can get them for you.

·
Registered
104 Posts
There's no point in trying to contact Trailmaster for instructions 'cause I emailed them 5 times with no response and I tried calling them with the phone number that NSOR gave me but it was out of service. Don't bother with the Trailmaster instructions anyway because NSOR finally tracked some down for me and they were CRAP(i.e. bad pictures, really breif descriptions etc.etc.). Go into NSOR and get them to photocopy the Pro-comp install instructions, it's way better then the Trailmaster one and it's basically the same thing installed the same way! it makes it a hell of alot easier. Email me if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Dan O said:
buy new torsion bar bolts and nuts.when you start loosening them off the just get harder and harder untill they break:angry having the new ones means you don't have to wait another day to put it back together:)
I agree I had to torch mine off. $45 from Toyota for 2 nuts and 2 bolts :rolleyes:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Front:
Rancho 9000 Shocks
25mm Sway-A-Way Torsion bars

Rear:
Rancho 9000 Shocks
Downey Heavy Duty Springs

this is a real good setup

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Toyrantula said:
Just need a few:beer :beer :beer and I will be on my way.
Hmm how much you weigh??? 3 :beer would put me over ;)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Already have NOS Black Diamonds for a 4" lift and Pro Comp3000`s in back. I know the black diamonds wont last a week as they are crap IMO. But the Pro Comps have to be one of the better shocks I have ever used.

As for the beeeers, 175=180 pounds. Prefer Crown Royal anyhow.

·
Registered
74 Posts
as for the :beer 's I figure that if the beer is 5% alchohol then I will need 20 beers to be 100% drunk.:*******

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you like, i have the torched front end off my 88 4runner,sitting at work. it has a 4 inch trailmaster lift.it would show you what goes where.i am in kelowna.

·
Registered
2 Posts
oops,i guess i can not show you this frontend of mine .i sold it.sorry.i did not put this lift in ,but it looks pretty easy.time consuming mostly.you have 4 brackets that mount on the lower control arms.a rear crossmember.2 control arm,steering brackets.a drop differential mounting bracket and spacers.and some diff.mounting brackets.drop sway bar brackets.when you do this lift, you have to unbolt all differential mountings.so any "where the fawk does that go" probably goes there.if you want to phone me maybe my memory will work? darcy at 763-2520 4-1201pm.or 763-3908.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I got lucky. Kevin at Trailmaster is sending me a diagram and specs etc.

The only problem I am having now is getting the brackets off the lower control arms and the spindle brackets out.

Surprising just how HO a Craftsman Electric impact will get before it goes pooof? I bought it for $50 and got one bolt out of the spindle bracket. Of course thats after 3 or 4 cans of Liquid Wrench.

Anyone think that going to a lower control arm urethane bushing would be worth it? Really dont want to be bothered by squeaking bushings.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Have you thought about using a breaker bar? You can put way more torque onto a large breaker bar than any impact gun. Especially an electricpoop impact.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts