BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any trails in Abbostford that a guy could test a freshly repaired truck on? My Jeep is in Aldergrove and I don't want to be far from home if it craps out.

------------------
High Country Explorers
Red YJ 4" lift
"I hope that was the skidplate"
www.members.home.net/ichris4x4/index

·
1,269 Posts
Ledgeview is closed unless you feel like walking. Supposedly there's some good trails on sumas mtn. but I've never seen any. Anybody care to show us the way this weekend?

------------------
86 toyota, 6", 35s, and a garage full of parts.
Mods? Well I hold my CV boots together with zap-straps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Chris, try calling Doug from the club. Maybe he'll let you tear around the back forty at his place. Mud, hills, but no rocks. Bring BEER

------------------
Andy Rad..., President High Country Explorers 4x4 Club, 90 Ranger, 6" bits & pieces lift, locked front D35, posi rear 8.8, Ramsey equiped, 32x11.5 Mud Rovers, 4.56 gears, real cozy seats.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
vedder mtn? go up from cultus(there is another way thats more interesting but I only know how to get there, not how to give directions to it). go up the forrestry road and when you get to the point where the loop joins back in stay right so you will go along the cliffs looking over yarrow and abbotsford and keep going till you come across the yellow gate on the left. most of the time this gate is unlocked so just push it open and close it once your through it and enjoy the climb up to the tower. once at the tower keep going around it and continue along the trail. its interesting but simple. to be fun you have to force yourself to take the hard line. on the trail theres a climb in whats like just one giant rut, its pretty neat but not difficult. this trail will bring you out (eventually to the other side of the mountain and join back up with the forrestry road loop.

trail rating: 1.5 out of a possible 4. its doable in 2wd if you have a traction decice of some type.

------------------
-'85 XJ Pioneer,2dr,4cyl,5spd,31x10.5's,2" lift,onboard air(workin on it now)
-'82 J-10 Project truck, 258 straight 6, 5spd, 30x9.5's
"its not what you drive, or where you drive,
its driving what you have to where you want to go"

·
1,269 Posts
hey I'd be interested in meeting this doug character if he has a backyard that he's willing to let some people wheel in once in a while. i have lots of beer
Also Andy, it wasn't you that stopped by the side of the road up in princeton in august was it? I remember a red ranger with a high country sticker..

------------------
86 toyota, 6", 35s, and a garage full of parts.
Mods? Well I hold my CV boots together with zap-straps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Andy Rad:
Chris, try calling Doug from the club. Maybe he'll let you tear around the back forty at his place. Mud, hills, but no rocks. Bring BEER

I'll talk to Doug next time he's in getting parts from work.

p.s. Can you get me some good pic's for our web page?

------------------
High Country Explorers
Red YJ 4" lift
"I hope that was the skidplate"
www.members.home.net/ichris4x4/index

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
DOH! the trail I mentioned is no longer a through trail. it has been blocked at the towers on vedder mtn by ditch's and large boulders.

------------------
-'85 XJ,2dr,4cyl,5spd,31x10.5's,2"lift,onboard air,bla,bla,bla,
-'82 J-10 Project truck, 258 straight 6, 5spd, 30x9.5's
"its not what you drive, or where you drive,
its driving what you have to where you want to go"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts