BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Trails, book

I guess that all depends on what you call easy. A good book to own would be Backroad Mapbook volume III Kamloops/ Okanagan , by Mussio Ventures , What do you drive , maybe when your here someone from this place could guide you a little.. Don't want to tell to many people of OUR seceret spots...:cool:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yes you can get on alot of the KVR but it is not really suited for vehicles. I had to rescue one of our Scouts who had broken his cholar bone and lots of the cyclists would not move despite my horn and flashing lites. The Scout had cartwheeled off his bike on the KVR and had to be brought to the hospital (he is ok but sore). I would not recommend driving on the KVR since in an emergency the cyclists were not impressed with my 4x4 being on their trail. To be fair many cyclists stopped to help the fellow and offered first aid etc.

I would try and find Oyama lake resort. The trail is lots of fun and very scenic. Just locate Oyama and ask for directions, there are signs as well and it is easy to locate. I have made it in a stock nissan p/u. The lake is nice and just the thing after a hot day 4x4ing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts