BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a double cardon joint rear driveshaft. But the flange on the joint is to big for the rear output of the transfercase, so can i take that one off and put a front driveshaft transfercase flange on the back , so my rear driveshaft will bolt on. Anyone done this, and are the flanges swapable? front to rear??

------------------
84 xcab shortened 16inches,EFI coversion, Header,2 1/2 exhast, high lift cam, 3
" lift, welded rear,
rear track bar, 3in body lift, 33" comming soon, 24$ paint, flatbed, ready to be beaten, broke and shot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no because the front flange is bigger to accomodate the double cardon joint........mmmm joint.........opps im not supose to say that, thanks for your input,(more puns...) i already thought about that and saw that it wasnt gonna work.

------------------
" lift, welded rear,
rear track bar, 3in body lift, 33" comming soon, 24$ paint, flatbed, ready to be beaten, broke and shot.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i'm not shure about front to back, but i know there is two different size bolts(smaller early 80's, larger upto current years)i had the same problem when i blew up my old front drive shaft and went to a newer year drive shaft.i used my old slip and welded on the new cv...then changed my flange to match. if you find a flange to match off a newer year it should work..you could also use the flange off your old drive shaft because the u-joints are the same..hope this helps...

------------------
82 toyota,3"body lift,7"spring lift,full size dana 44 front,12 bolt-stock locker rear,35"tires,custom everything...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are the transfercase flanges swapable from front to rear?, i just happen to have an extra tranny and case, for donnor parts....
this is all i want to know i guess..........HELP before i dynamite my truck in frustration........

------------------
" lift, welded rear,

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you need a quick solution until you figure something out could you just flip your driveshaft around (double-cardan at the axle). Might work for now

------------------
IFS- Shouldn't that be a four letter word?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Toy transfercase flanges are swappable front to rear.......
The splines are the same , even axle flanges will work if you swap the dust shields over.
Don't you just luv Toyotas!

------------------
1948 WILLYS flatfender
Gradually becoming un-toyotafied.......Got 4.3???
http://www.ottindustries.com

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wrong, just found out that this 88 case flanges are different, the splines are different sizes, not shure sizes yet, will get back later with my final result. I JUST COULDNT RESIT THE URGE TO DISMANTEL.......

------------------
" lift, welded rear,

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I found out that the flanges are swapable, just not in years. I have an 84 case and i was seeing if my 88 case flanges would work well.... they dont, so anyone got an extra 84 case, front flange????????

------------------
" lift, welded rear,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.