BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking through the pics, we didnt really get alot of good action shots we were to busy havin' fun but heres a few anyway.

Heres the lineup for the trail run on saturday morning:

Leannes jeep on an easy section:

Heres a jeep that got a little twisted up and lost a bead:

This is leanne waiting for a Scout that broke on the "Rocking Horse" trail to get moving again, it was in bad shape, and took a while:

Heres me flexn' a little:

This is were our place is in the Baja. San Felipe:

Heres the reason I love it there so much!:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Sweet that looks like you had a blast. My grandparents have a place in deser hot springs, me and the guys from kamloops are heading there this summer, so maybe we'll make the trip to the baja.

------------------
Project MudhuckerII is now underway and movin ahead

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well welcome back strangers. The pics look good do you have more? so now your back in the world of the rain and mud are you getting baja home sick yet.. well have to get together and do some wheeling and you can tell us some storys very soon. Oncew again Welcome Back
chow for know
sean M

------------------
[email protected] Coquitlam Crawlers 4x4 club
81 toyo
not much but it's my toy
it's never let me down EVER or should I say until A Girls Toy drove it in!!
remember what we go in with we must come out with even if it is just parts !!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Big Bad Pete:
The people demand more pictures!
Due to popular demand heres a few more!!

"The trail weapon".This guy had a great sense of humor but a bad glue gun, his armorment kept falling off all over the trail

Heres a bunch of random shots:

Heres my buddy Zach rippin it up on his WR426 in the dunes in San Felipe:

This seemed to be one of our favorite places to hang out:

Swapping alternators:

Swapping distributors and listening to the gold medal hockey game in the parking lot of a safeway, we got some funny looks when we screamed and yelled everytime Canada scored:

Swapping steering boxxes:

swapping U-joints, you notice a trend?:

Here we are on the road home, note the grey dingy sky, wow its great to be home:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey nice pics hope you had a good trip. Did you guys break lots of stuff or just the standard replacement stuff like the u-joints. I hope to see you guys at our next meeting for the Coquitlam Crawlers.
Terry

------------------
Coquitlam Crawlers
take off that skirt and shut up and just giver

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The steering box burned out in a nice tight section of the trail and Leanne blew out one of her front brakelines on one of the trails the rest were pretty much general road repairs. It was more than I hoped but less than I expected.

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts

·
Chump
624 Posts
Originally posted by monzter:
After looking through the pics, we didnt really get alot of good action shots we were to busy havin' fun but heres a few anyway.

Hey Monzter,
Did you take your truck into Mexico? I heard that ICBC does not cover you in Mexico. We will be in a rented RV but I still don't think I will be taking it or my bike over the Mexican border....there will be enough trails on the US side for me.

JCD

·
Registered
358 Posts
Originally posted by Jordan:

Hey Monzter,
Did you take your truck into Mexico? I heard that ICBC does not cover you in Mexico. We will be in a rented RV but I still don't think I will be taking it or my bike over the Mexican border....there will be enough trails on the US side for me.

JCD
You'll need to get insurance in California. There are a lot of places near the border that sell it. If you're down over a month or longer, you can claim back to ICBC for the time you were down and actually get money back for a change!

------------------
'94 XJ - 3" RE lift, 31 Big O XT
'97 F250 HD 5" custom lift, 33" BFG AT

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Jordan:
Hey Monzter,
Did you take your truck into Mexico? I heard that ICBC does not cover you in Mexico.
Yes I took my truck down, but I had no insurance on my truck, instead I bought drivers licence insurance which covers you for liability on any vehicle you drive including quads, bikes, dunebuggys etc. Vehicle insurance is available but its fairly pricey. I took the gamble on it being stolen or damaged, I didnt let it out of my sight and the bigger vehicles get the right away in Mexico, so for the most part people stayed out of my way. Like xjtank said there's insurance places at the border, and if you do go down make sure you have some kind of coverage, if not and you get into an accident you go to jail until they figure out who was at fault and who pays, and Mexican jails arent fun.

·
Registered
453 Posts
hey monzter how long of a drive is this?? my grandparents are in california?? don't remember where, but they go to san filipe all the time and my friends and i are planning on going down this summer and hitting the rubicon on the way.

------------------
Project MudhuckerII is now underway and movin ahead

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.