BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what bellhousing pattern the triton 5.4l uses? Also I am looking for interchange info on np205's, specifically could you take a 205 bolted to a c6 and make it work with a dodge tf727. Any info would be much apreciated.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by Chewie:
Does anybody know what bellhousing pattern the triton 5.4l uses? Also I am looking for interchange info on np205's, specifically could you take a 205 bolted to a c6 and make it work with a dodge tf727. Any info would be much apreciated.
Triton is a new bolt pattern. You may need to find some diferent parts, but you can bolt the 727 to a ford T case, IF it was offered with a married 205 originally. its a matter of making sure you have the right shaft/spline on the input. You will need the Dodge 727/205 adapter, if such an animal was ever made. I think a lot of the Dog stuff was divirce mounted, but I don't know too much about them.
Erik

------------------

I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Registered
583 Posts
The 5.4 bellhousing uses the Modular bolt pattern and is specific to Modular engines(4.6L, 5.4L, 6.8L) but the tailhousing on 4wd modular transmisions has the same transfer case bolt pattern as other fullsize Ford truck transmissions. So you can use a Modular engine/transmission with an older transfer case but not an older engine with a Modular engine's transmission. Which isn't really a very big deal anyway because all the transmissions are available for the Modular and Windsor or 385 series engines.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
New Westminster, B.C.
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

[This message has been edited by Paul (edited August 16, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by Paul:
The 5.4 bellhousing uses the Modular bolt pattern and is specific to Modular engines(4.6L, 5.4L, 6.8L) but the tailhousing on 4wd modular transmisions has the same transfer case bolt pattern as other fullsize Ford truck transmissions. So you can use a Modular engine/transmission with an older transfer case but not an older engine with a Modular engine's transmission. Which isn't really a very big deal anyway because all the transmissions are available for the Modular and Windsor or 385 series engines.

Now could you repeat that in english? would the C-6 tranny fit a Triton 5.4L?

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
Completely original with Forestry box, but I added 31" tires.
360 2bbl V8, TF727 3 speed auto, NP205 T-case

·
Registered
583 Posts
Originally posted by Jarett:
Now could you repeat that in english? would the C-6 tranny fit a Triton 5.4L?

Sorry I figured you were going the other way, putting the newer transmission on an older engine. No a C6 will not fit the 5.4L but the E4OD(C6 with OD) will.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
New Westminster, B.C.
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
ok. thanks

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
Completely original with Forestry box, but I added 31" tires.
360 2bbl V8, TF727 3 speed auto, NP205 T-case

1 - 6 of 6 Posts