BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
When you say "tubbing" are you refering to widening out the wheelwells to fit wider meats under your rig? If so, you might run into problems as the inner fenders run clear up to the frame.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Dramus:
When you say "tubbing" are you refering to widening out the wheelwells to fit wider meats under your rig? If so, you might run into problems as the inner fenders run clear up to the frame.

Yes thats what im refering to.. Not for bigger tires though. Just so i can have more room for the tires i have now, need more room for the wheel travel. Im just ripping the sh*t out of my fenders and tires ...

------------------
Custom $12 Camo paint job

http://communities.msn.ca/AdvancedTerrainSuspensions

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well, I have been working on the rear sheetmetal on my zuk for about 2 months now, replacing the inner fenders and the sheetmetal from the door back. There is plenty of room for what you are describing on the drivers side, but on the passenger side you may run into problems with the fuel nozzle as it runs just behind the inner fender through the floor. BTW, I have upgraded to 14 gauge sheetmetal for corrosion resistance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice.... do you have any pics???

Originally posted by Dramus:
Well, I have been working on the rear sheetmetal on my zuk for about 2 months now, replacing the inner fenders and the sheetmetal from the door back. There is plenty of room for what you are describing on the drivers side, but on the passenger side you may run into problems with the fuel nozzle as it runs just behind the inner fender through the floor. BTW, I have upgraded to 14 gauge sheetmetal for corrosion resistance.

------------------

http://communities.msn.ca/AdvancedTerrainSuspensions

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just started this week on the same thing you want to do, becuase of my rust problem. putting new floor,tubs,rocker panels you name it it probably needs to be replaced. The one thing to think about is what your gonna use for fender flares, if you want your tubs longer and higher you'll have to cut out the body panel and the stock ones won't work. I hope to have it all tacked in by sunday. if you need any ideas i'm in coquitlam

·
Registered
361 Posts
Front YJ flares work well for the rear of a zuk. You have to cut them to match, but they look good. Calmini also sells some flares that bolt right on to the old mounting hardware if it is still on the truck. They also sell flares that bolt to the side similar to bushwacker.

As for pics Jayzuk, I do not have a scanner.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Hey we tubbed a suzuki not long ago, it wasnt on purpose though, the wheelwells were rusted out, so new tubs were formed from an old Admiral fridge and welded in. We measured room to stuff 38's, lol.

------------------
Dan
-91 Cherokee, 4.5" lift, 33x12.5's
-69 Ford, lots of lift, 38.5's

·
Registered
12 Posts
you can also use yj and tj rear flairs all the way around your truck, i've got zenon tj flairs to cover 35's. you are better off getting rid of the fac. s#it as they did'nt paint under there and it's just waiting to rot

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep little late ...fawkin thing already rotted out so i cut the flares rate off and fixed with fiberglass...ya... that lasted about a month! tires rub a little to hard for the fiberglass.. So im just gonna cut it all out and im not to concerned about the flares..i like the flat body look.....

Originally posted by purplesquid:
you can also use yj and tj rear flairs all the way around your truck, i've got zenon tj flairs to cover 35's. you are better off getting rid of the fac. s#it as they did'nt paint under there and it's just waiting to rot

------------------

1 - 13 of 13 Posts