BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished the swap last week seems pretty good lots of power almost too much once the turbo spools up.

has anyone else done it??

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I paid $1500 for the complete engine, wiring harness, computer, alternator, starter, rad, intercooler, and oil cooler. The only other parts i needed were the motor mounts from a 5m motor and the bellhousing from a w58 transmission and a flywheel. There were still many other things i needed to buy. I had to install a new high flow/volume fuel pump along with new fuel lines. For the exhaust i used a high flow cat and 2 chamber flow master both 3". I havn't mounted the intercooler just cause i don't know where to put it i mounted dual electric fans out of 2 honda's in the front rad support. I have 4.10's and 35's but with this engine i can start in second gear. And once that turbo spools up it hauls. I am extremely happy with it

I might do a detailed writeup once i find some webspace
until then ill answer any questions

·
Registered
328 Posts
What year supra are you talking about here?

TB

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Theres one in the buy and sell for 500 but it needs a rebuild. Also not sure if its the turbo model

80 EFI Toyota eng, 2.8L, straight 6, out of Toyota Celica Supra, 33,000 kms, have compl wiring harness & brain as well $200 obo. Surrey Tel: 604-581-3894

Just found thiss in the B&S

·
Registered
325 Posts
wow that's tight and tiiiiiight :D. good lookin swap the power rating on those things is like 220hosre?? or something like that, did you tweek it at all??

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mine is out of an 87 so stock its got 230 with my exhaust and air filter i figure ive got over 250. Im thinkin of buy'n another engine and build'n it up for some serious power. Ill see if i can get some more pics of the bumper. The early motors are a lot easier to put in but offer a lot less power around 160 i think and are not turbo
Ill start making a write-up
thanx

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yoda,

Did you have to change drivetrain at all to handle that extra power?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
not yet i have the stock w56 and rear diff
i think im gonna go with the v6 third with either a detroit or arb
but who knows only time will tell how well its gonna hold up

·
Registered
104 Posts
If it came stock with an intercooler and you're not running one be careful of detonation.... Also, I'd figure around 230fwhp without the IC, 250 def with the IC maybe a bit more:*******

No doubt it hauls some seroius ass tho:eek:

G

·
please post the other pics you have would like to see them. I have been thinking of this swap for awile.. looks good where did you pic up the engine from??

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ya i figured the cold winter air helps with the hp come summer who knows......
I bought the engine from a wrecker
more pics comin

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.