BC 4x4 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
the 7m n/a has [email protected] and [email protected]

I havn't touched the timing on my engine and as far as i know the timing should always be changing while you are driving it. The motor has dual knock sensors so besides base timing i don't think changing it would do much.

my dual tanks are in there but aren't hooked up yet(another days project) but i have bought a selectable valve for it.

That intercooler is huge my problem is my bumper is so close to my grill and in my grill is my dual electric fans so that wouldn't work for me. I was think'n of a hood mounted intercooler.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey, yoda_man,were you able to mount the 7mgte in the same location as the 22re? i measured the mounts on my 22re and my 7mgte from center of mounts to rear of block.and it appears that the 7mgte mounts would have to be in the center of the oil filter assy.or did you move the mounts on the frame?or does the 5m mounts fix all this?also, the 5m mounts are the engine mounts only or both frame and engine mounts.this is for my 85 4 runner.any input appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
the 5m mounts will fix this problem you just have to rotate the oil filter then the it will bolt into the 22re location
i left the frame mounts alone
used the truck rubber mounts
and bolted the 5m block to rubber mounts on
and it fit like a glove
hey what transmission are u gonna use?

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey thanks, i am going to use my stock 5spd.i have a couple more questions,is the 5m bellhousing the same length as the stock housing?and did you need any other wiring harness from the supra besides the engine harness?thanks again.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
ya the bellhousing's are the same length and the only harness i used was teh one that went to the computer from the engine

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
tranny and axle strength

Hey... I know the thread is old now, but I have got some info for you that might help..

The truck diff, even the 4-cyl version is stronger than the supra diff, the guys with drag corollas run truck diffs and they don't break with 300 HP 3T motors.

As for transmissions, the W50,52 (L is the 4x4 equivalent) is good for about 100 HP, the W55, 56 (G52) is good for about 150 hp and the W58 is good to 190, the R152 is the supra turbo trans and it will hold 250+, I'm not sure about the trucks R150/151

Good luck..

Shawn

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
thanx for the info but so far nothing has broken not even the cracked stock rubber 22r engine mounts or the 22r clutch its all still good but i have been stocking up on spare transmissions

·
Registered
276 Posts
Re: tranny and axle strength

79Scout said:
Hey... I know the thread is old now, but I have got some info for you that might help..

The truck diff, even the 4-cyl version is stronger than the supra diff, the guys with drag corollas run truck diffs and they don't break with 300 HP 3T motors.

As for transmissions, the W50,52 (L is the 4x4 equivalent) is good for about 100 HP, the W55, 56 (G52) is good for about 150 hp and the W58 is good to 190, the R152 is the supra turbo trans and it will hold 250+, I'm not sure about the trucks R150/151

Good luck..

Shawn
First off the supra transmission is the R154.
Second your HP ratings are really low, the R150, R151F and R150F can all handle probably 400+ HP, a stock 5VZ-FE is 190HP, supercharged is 265 HP, there are guys running 500+ HP supras with no problems, Super Runner has a 400+ HP 7M-GTE in his 4Runner with a R151F.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
no the mounts on the frame of a v6 are in a different place and yes you do need a body lift otherwise your intake will hit your brake booster also depending on which tranny you use

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey man my buddy and i have started a club and we are both going to do the supra turbo swap if i could maybe meet up with u and take a look that would be great we haven't found anyone around here that has done this so if u wouldn't mind that would be great !

·
Registered
5 Posts
alright guys i hav eben waiting for someone to do this and love it my buddy and i are doing the same thing in our 84s, u guys interested in joining a 4x4 club? we have a website being setup stickers and other sorts of things availible its called maple meadows mudders we are in maple ridge pitt meadows area if u guys wanna join and the whole club would be pimp yotas with surpra motors then those v8s chevs wont know what hit them
if ur interested send me an email and i can send u a sample of the website

·
1,269 Posts
Re: Re: tranny and axle strength

Dave Gio said:

First off the supra transmission is the R154.
Second your HP ratings are really low, the R150, R151F and R150F can all handle probably 400+ HP, a stock 5VZ-FE is 190HP, supercharged is 265 HP, there are guys running 500+ HP supras with no problems, Super Runner has a 400+ HP 7M-GTE in his 4Runner with a R151F.
Just to add there Dave I believe SuperRunner has broken more than 1 R151F with that setup. Just something to consider.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
also in the 95.5 and later trucks they changed the angle of the gears in the R150 to accommodate the extra hp from the supercharger

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dave Gio,
The the Mk 2 (82-86) supra came with the w58 tranny, the mk 3 supras came with the r154

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
boooo! if you want real power swap in a 4.3L chev, that way you can have your torque peak at something below 5000rpm....

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Smith said:
Dave Gio,
The the Mk 2 (82-86) supra came with the w58 tranny, the mk 3 supras came with the r154
actually all 79-92 n/a supra's came with a w58 only the 86.5-92 turbo supras came with R154's

boooo! if you want real power swap in a 4.3L chev, that way you can have your torque peak at something below 5000rpm....
254 ft-lbs @ 3,200 rpm looks like its below 5000rpm neale

hp thats a diff story
232 @ 5,600 rpm
not everyone likes to drive a TOYOTA but some people do.....
i wanted to be a little different while still keeping it toyota

·
Registered
103 Posts
hey yoda man,

i just purchased a 7mge and had a few questions for you about polutions control and the wiring involved in the swap. can u email me @ [email protected] so i can ask you a few questions about ur swap?

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.