BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 90% built trailer for $200. what all do you need to have it legal? I picked up some tail lights, and fenders. Do they need side marker lights?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

I just have to fab up some tie downs and a tailgate and she will be done. I may see about trading it with some one for a 4x6 so it is not as big behind my sidekick

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
if it's under 8' wide then you don't need any other lights or reflectors besides tail lights. the only other rules that would apply to you would be dot approved tires and fenders for the tires. as long as the trailer doesn't look like it's falling apart while going down the road then you have nothing else to worry about.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
if it's under 8' wide then you don't need any other lights or reflectors besides tail lights. the only other rules that would apply to you would be dot approved tires and fenders for the tires. as long as the trailer doesn't look like it's falling apart while going down the road then you have nothing else to worry about.
You are required to have yellow reflectors and lights on the front corners of the trailer. The Transport Canada rules can be found here: http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/tp-tp13136-trailer_e-414.htm

You're also going to need safety chains for the hitch on the trailer and a license plate light.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to get it done this week but now I have to do the welding on it on Sunday. I went to hook up my welder to my range outlet and found that the last home owner wired it with 12/2 BX so I had to rewire my oven which is the farthest point from my breaker box grrrrrrr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.