BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At work I have a Dana 44 from a Scout, it has manual lockout hubs, which are also aoutomatic, they are crazy, the best thing Ive ever heard of, get out and lock them for 4x4ing, or any time you might be abusing the auto locking mechanisims, but still the convienience of auto...now if you dont think there is such a hub, you are wrong, I know damn well they are, and since we are installing 5.89 gears in it I removed the hubs (external design) and now know %100 they are auto/ manuals.....is there a similar hub for a Ford Internal hub for the Dana 44`s....I love these things.... Imaging winter driving, and rush hour when you wish you could run over the jack ass that cut you off, but getting out to lock the hubs would take too long...pull the lever and teach em a lesson......but as we all know autos break most often when changing direction with heavy throttle, or rocking to get unstuck....so then you get out and lock them and no more worries....

------------------
White 88 Ford F 150, Long box, 96 Front clip,Carburated and Points ignition 302 Solid axle Front, 14`` Suspension lift, 39.5 Swampers, 1179 RTI------ UNDER CONSTRUCTION 86 Ranger Extcab, 351 v8 9`` Rear (full width)Dana 44 front(full width) Spooled front and rear, 4 corners on coils, undetermined lift height, Will roll on 35x16 Boggers

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Warn discontinued them years ago. They are a cool idea, but didn't stand up as well as they should have, IIRC. They were still available around 1990 or so, I believe.

------------------

I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Registered
95 Posts
yea my dads looking for a pair of those for his 1 ton front end. The new fords have them according to his friend??

------------------
81 BRONCO XLT
3" BODY
2 1/2 SUSPENSION TO GO IN
c6 ratchet shifter and a stage 2
Now wait till I get my licence.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
olrighty then I want to know if they ever made them for an internal hub style, like youd have on all your ford Dana 44 fron 77-solid axles, to 96 independent dana 44`s

------------------
White 88 Ford F 150, Long box, 96 Front clip,Carburated and Points ignition 302 Solid axle Front, 14`` Suspension lift, 39.5 Swampers, 1179 RTI------ UNDER CONSTRUCTION 86 Ranger Extcab, 351 v8 9`` Rear (full width)Dana 44 front(full width) Spooled front and rear, 4 corners on coils, undetermined lift height, Will roll on 35x16 Boggers

·
Registered
616 Posts
I think the new style of Ford Auto/Manual hubs on SuperDutys use a Vacuum acuator to automatically engage the hubs.

JP

------------------
99 F250 Super Duty,7.3PSD,reg cab,auto, 4"Procomp lift, 315/75 AT KO's, Rhino Liner, Straight Piped!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by Stains:
olrighty then I want to know if they ever made them for an internal hub style, like youd have on all your ford Dana 44 fron 77-solid axles, to 96 independent dana 44`s
YES.

------------------

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok air time where do I get em.....remember I want auto / amnuals.....not a plain auto hub, or a plain manual hub ......these hubs are automatic, with a functioning manual locking mechanisim

------------------

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by Stains:
Ok air time where do I get em.....remember I want auto / amnuals.....not a plain auto hub, or a plain manual hub ......these hubs are automatic, with a functioning manual locking mechanisim

Like I said, to the best of my knowledge, they were discontinued a number of years ago. Try calling Warn direct and see if they have any old stock, or plans for reproduction. Maybe they are still available, but I haven't seen them advertised for a long time.

------------------

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you CPTN

------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts