BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a divorced NP435 & NP205 in my 77 F250 which is powered by a 390FE. I would like to mate them together so as to remove the third drive shaft which I have broke several times. This would require a mating plate of some sort
but where do I get one. I am also looking for a scatter proof bell housing to connect the NP435 to a 5.8L
"]http://www.bc4x4.com/ubb/smilies/cwm3.gif[/IMG][/url]

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by kenny:
I currently have a divorced NP435 & NP205 in my 77 F250 which is powered by a 390FE. I would like to mate them together so as to remove the third drive shaft which I have broke several times.
This is not really practical. Major fabrication involved. It would be much easier to get a 4wd 435 and married 205 to replace it. you could probably sell or trade to make it a $0 change, as opposed to serious cash outlay for a custom job. Another option, you can get a whole 78-79 Bronco with that setup for $500-1000, and then sell off the D44, 9", and whatever else is useful, probably for a profit.

------------------
Drive fast, take chances!
Got Boost?

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
I messed arounnd trying to make it work, major expensive is what I came up with, and would end up with too many expensive one off parts.

Take the output yoke off the tranny and input yoke off the transfer case, take them to a machine shop and tell them you want a sleeve with those splines in either side. , and figure out what length you want it.

Then you gotta pull the tailshaft housing of the transmission and the front bearing retaner off the transfer case and make some plates to replace those, and the one for the transfer case has to hold the bearing too. Oh yeah, they both have to hold seals too.

Okay, now you have your drive sleeve and your adapter plates, now you take a piece of pipe the right length and weld it in just the right place to attach the two adapter plates together, making sure to get everything centered properly to make sure theres no side load on the shafts.

Fun huh? I came up with a regualar 435/205 combo to put into my early ford.

------------------
Dan
-91 Cherokee, 4.5" lift, 33x12.5's
-69 Ford, lots of lift, 38.5's

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. It looks like I will have to buy another NP435&NP205 and then sell my NP435&NP205 as well as my C6 and transfer case.

------------------
77 F250 w/35 BFG MT
88 Bronco Eddie Bauer w31 Big O MT's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts