BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traction heavy duty parts carries Ultra pro, just looking for feedback on the quality of their handtools..(sockets/wrenches......) The pricing seems ok, but I would rather stay away from crap tools.Are they just re branding or is it there own product line?
Anyone with some feedback would be appreciated.
G Vavra

http://www.traction.com/en/promo

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Traction heavy duty parts carries Ultra pro, just looking for feedback on the quality of their handtools..(sockets/wrenches......) The pricing seems ok, but I would rather stay away from crap tools.Are they just re branding or is it there own product line?
Anyone with some feedback would be appreciated.
G Vavra

http://www.traction.com/en/promo
Ultra Pro is also sold by Napa,

I've used their tools and find them decent, seems the sockets and wrenches and such are good, warranty and return is ok.

·
Registered
202 Posts
lifetime warranty on the 3/8" drive wobbly sockets i bought, and they're shorter and cheaper than the ones from snap-on, so i bought those. only broke one after 3 years! so not bad. the warranty is a year on tools with moving parts (like ratchets) according to our napa rep

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
you will be happy with them, snap on is highly over rated. I had a falling out with my dealer lately, told them to take a hike because they werent following through with their so called "lifetime guarantee." You will NOT get anything warrantied by snap on, its always on backorder, out of stock, or the dealer doesnt show up again for 3 weeks and wont return phone calls! I paid a premium price for tools i expect would be guaranteed for life, now im stuck with expensive broken tools.
All my mastercraft and craftsman tools have treated me very well. I bought a 300 piece starter set 6 years ago, and I am happy to report I havent broken a single socket! I broke the extensions easily, but replaced those with snap on(so far havent broken one)
its how you use the tools that is more important than who makes them.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
find a different snap on dealer. I've had 3 different one, first 2 were awesome. the guy now is ok. warranty is good. only downfall is he is a little pushy on selling things.

i find napa to be same quality as mastercraft/ craftsman. good. but most things snap on is better. for things like ratchets i would get something with a lifetime warranty. they will break and wear out.
sooner or later a pipe will be put on the ratchet.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
My Snap-on dealer is awesome. He gives me discounts quite often, and the one time I had a twisted 1/2 to 3/8 adaptor that was obviously given to me by it's age/logo, and obviously over-torqued, he replaced it no questions asked. I buy a wrench or two a month from him so it's not like I'm giving him a bunch of money all the time too. You should find someone else to deal with if you want to buy snap-on.
you will be happy with them, snap on is highly over rated. I had a falling out with my dealer lately, told them to take a hike because they werent following through with their so called "lifetime guarantee." You will NOT get anything warrantied by snap on, its always on backorder, out of stock, or the dealer doesnt show up again for 3 weeks and wont return phone calls! I paid a premium price for tools i expect would be guaranteed for life, now im stuck with expensive broken tools.
All my mastercraft and craftsman tools have treated me very well. I bought a 300 piece starter set 6 years ago, and I am happy to report I havent broken a single socket! I broke the extensions easily, but replaced those with snap on(so far havent broken one)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
My ultra pro stuff was lifetime guarantee when I bought it? Guess things have changed. Someone at work borrowed my ratchet and screwed it using a bar. Napa langley had no issue replacing internals. Never asked how old it was?

·
Registered
42 Posts
i agree, i've been a professional mechanic for 9 years and in that time i have watched snap on's quality deteriorate rapidly....they are cheaping out on manufacturing and riding soley on their once great reputation, nothing special about snap on tools anymore...same tools ya buy anywhere else just consistantly 3x the price!! only tools i get from snap on/mac are specialty tools no one else makes yet....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts