BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty,
Under the shift boots in my truck, there is supposed to be a rubber barrier between the tranny and the inside of my truck. It sits under the shift boots, and is held in place by the shift boot housing. Mine is gone, and I get too much road noise. Ford says its an obsolete part. Anyone have one??
(I have a 5spd and manual T-case lever)

------------------
1990 Ranger
8.5" of lift
35" MudKings
full ugly steel/checkerplate bumpers
Locked rear
Lots of fun!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Off to the wrecker you go. I needed one as well when I switched from electric to manual t-case. You may not find one that isn't torn but you will find one. Duct tape is king here.

------------------
Andy Rad..., President High Country Explorers 4x4 Club, 90 Ranger, 6" bits & pieces lift, locked front D35, posi rear 8.8, Ramsey equiped, 32x11.5 Mud Rovers, 4.56 gears, real cozy seats.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up making one. I duct taped together what was left of it, then I made a 2" thick dense foam layer to put under the shift boot. What a difference!! It sounds like a lincoln inside, all I hear now is the tires. Problem solved!!

------------------
1990 Ranger
8.5" of lift
35" MudKings
full ugly steel/checkerplate bumpers
Locked rear
Lots of fun!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I saw one in a truck made out of an old pair of jeans. It was sewn(sp?) into a cone then zapped strapped on top. It also had rubberized undercoating sprayed on the inside for quietness. Mine broke 2 weeks ago and it didnt bother me till i had a passenger and we had to almost scream to talk goin down the #1.

------------------
90 F250 Dana 60 up front,welded rear,7.3 Diesel,3" exhaust,4" skyjacker suspension,3" body lift 38" swampers,cb and custom bumpers and nerf bars. You either make it or break it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts