BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have replaced my ignitor and coil with another used one (thanx to Jeff), and didn't do a damn thing
Replaced all the wires, didn't do a damn thing
Took it to two shops, one said it was the mass air flow sensor, the other said it was the ignitor.
Took it to a friend's shop last night, they said it was the TPS sensor.
My truck is officially screwed and I will be parking it until it is sold, and somebody else can fix it. I have spent way too much money to determined the problem and I am getting nothing but ripped off by mechanics and spending needless money.
Thanx to everybody for the suggestions, but this problem isn't going to be solved anytime soon.

:angry I AM SO FU**ING MAD!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Your alive!!!!
You disapeared for a few days I thought you got the truck running and took off somewhere.

Why are you giving up now, your getting sooooo close to getting it running.
There is only so many thing's that can be causing it.If you want we can try some more of my part's on your truck.;)
Make a list!
:welder :welder

You think you've got problem's my truck won't be done in time:(

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
A reputable shop, if you can find one will fix it without replacing parts at random until they fix it.
As a mechanic, I had to explain to the service manager what I had found and what parts were needed to complete the repair.
After getting authorization from the customer, I could procede.
Can you imagine how this would work if the tech had the wrong diagnosis? Time after time?
He would be fired, the service manager wouldn't like making calls to the customer trying to explain this.
Find a good shop, they can fix this.

·
Registered
504 Posts
too bad, if you were in nanaimo i could do it for you....have many 22re parts and ive been through the same thing when i did the 22re swap

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly, in the past 2 weeks I have spent almost 600 bucks, and I am no closer to figuring out what the problem is.
Mechanics just take a look and give me their opinion. And so far, every mechanic has given a different opinion.
I have no more money to spend on mechanics, I am already loosing money on the price of the truck, let alone the money I have spent on it while I owned it.
No more. I have no choice but to give up. It is now parked in the garage, and isn't comming out until I sell it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
have you tryed pulling codes yet? just a chance there might be a stored one that may lead you in the right direction. maybe do a quick check on the fuel pump? there is a fuel pump check connector jump the wires across the connector and the pump should go, also.....do you have spark? the mass air sensor signals the fuel pump relay to turn on when air is drawn in from cranking so if you have no fuel it may also be the mass air flow sensor. have you checked the pickup in the distributor to see if it is signaling the coil to fire?also check fusable links by the battery and the efi relays should click when the key is turned on. by the way....being a mechanic i know that you cant charge a customer to repair something that isnt broken and seeing as they did they should be fixing the real problem free of labour charges

·
Registered
376 Posts
Sorry to hear things have gone down hill. Email me if you want me to diagnose you 4 Runner. I will figure it out no charge and at least you can sell a running vehicle which is worth alot more. I do not do this normally but you are really having a tough time of it.

Harry/Tarzan
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Tarzan said:
Sorry to hear things have gone down hill. Email me if you want me to diagnose you 4 Runner. I will figure it out no charge and at least you can sell a running vehicle which is worth alot more. I do not do this normally but you are really having a tough time of it.

Harry/Tarzan
[email protected]
Agreed. In order to get anything close to what this vehicle is worth it has to be running. No one is going to drop any decent amount of money on a vehicle they can't even test drive, you'd have to be a complete looney. You should take Tarzan up on his offer.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Erica your mas air flow sensor hmm dont think so ,it would start and stall ,it will run but when you go to give it gas it will bog out and die.your ignitor wont ignite your spark adn will have a bad miss.i have valve guid seals if you want them for free.
how is your throtel postion sensor? is it pluged in?
what exactly are all your symptoms?
i a few parts that you might find useful if i know what the problem is,and you can have for free,cuz its junk to me.i own desiel any ways ill check later:beer

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I beleive it's the pick up coil in the distributor

·
Registered
389 Posts
when i get down ther ill go through my pile of stuff,if i have it its yours for free.
ill let ya know if i have one ok,and if i do ill give it to pete to give to ya ok

kyle:canadian

·
Registered
389 Posts
so what ever happend to your truck?????????????????????????

·
Registered
693 Posts
if it has it been running bad since the roll over, i would say that you may have oil in the tps or air meter guming thing up , ,
in my roll over i broke a motor mount , this could have cauesd some broken grounds or wires.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts