BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I officaily have no ring and pinion brand preference.... On my way home from work driving on the steet I had a clunk in my rear end and drove it home 2 blocks and first though busted u-joints... well I really only needed one but did both.... drive it up my driveway and the clunk was still there.... Took out the third and I had 3 broken teeth on my ring gear!! One cleaned right off nicely... looks like a flaw to me.... so I only got 8 months out of it.... Going to be getting different one this time!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
What does the pinion look like?:eek:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pinion looks fine so far... have to pull it apart still.... it looks like it ripped out the teeth enough to just skip right over and keep goin.... I figure im lucky I caught it right away!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
****ty deal man, where did u have it set up? i was told by sport trucks that the only reason it would have blow was because u get on it to much, or a crappy install. what brand u gettin next.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had 4offrd do the setup.... I think it went cause of a number of things but whatever..... I am runnin Quality gears now that I brought from Lordco and getting them installed by a pro ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts