BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the slave and master cylinder outta the toy have enough throw for the clutch? Its a sm465. Some ideas on what other people have used would be great.:confused:

Thanks
-Matt

·
Registered
136 Posts
Toyota said:
Will the slave and master cylinder outta the toy have enough throw for the clutch? Its a sm465. Some ideas on what other people have used would be great.:confused:

Thanks
-Matt

I am doing a similar swap.. buick 3.8 with a SM465.. i dont think it has enough throw.. the Toyota Slave has a fairly short throw..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I came to the same conclusion. I tried a cable set up for a while without much luck, now i'm trying a slave/master cylinder out of a ford V8 but not have much luck there either. **** :angry Suggestions PLEASE:*******

·
Registered
83 Posts
I did manage to get the Toy PU Slave/Master to work barely. So I used Land Cruiser stuff. It was allmost all a bolt in. Worked excelant! I figured since they install V8's all the time the must work. The stuff I used was out of a 78 I believe. Look almost the same a the PU ones just larger. This was a while ago so I am a bit scetchey on the install But I believe the master has 3 bolts to install. I just knocked out the PU bolts, sat the master in and drilled the holes. I think the rod lined up and even fit right back in on the pettle. As for the slave you have to build a bracket to hold the slave which you have allready done. I bolted mine on to the block where the chevy clutch piviot and on the bell housing. I drilled a hole through the chutch fork to run the LC pushrod and adjuster. Worked great for over 4 years when I sold the truck.

·
Registered
157 Posts
hows that motor treating you. u got it built yet or in. i was wondering the same thing when i was going to but that in my truck. i heard a land cruiser slave cyl. will work.

oh yeah on anoth note that motor of yours is ****. it smokes like a bastard. and took a lot of tuning for it to run half ass decient, but what can i say it got me over to albert.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jamie, hows it going? Hows the job? Them bastards give you a raise? been wanting to get ahold of you. The engine roars, took a weekend to put it in, working on front and rear 4-link now. The engine took awhile to get together, had to get a bunch of stuff for it. Do you know what kind of cam is in this thing? Anyways got some good news for you, the engine in your ride aint a 22r, it's a 21-ru. I guess there kinda rare. Its outta a celica i think same as a 22r but has domed pistons double timing chain. a few more horses. As for it's smoking habit i dont know, that carb is probably do for a rebuild one of these days. What color is the smoke?
nice hearing from you
-Matt:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought a Wilwood pulling slave out of California. Cost $115, works ok. You'll have clearance issues with the exhaust if you run a regular pushing slave. I used the stock master and just put a 3/8" (I think) fitting on the line and flared it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
good to hear that that thing goes i wish that i had time to put it in my truck.i havent got a choke yet but i am just going to hook a wire up to it and have a manual choke. have you had your truck out for a rip yet with the new motor?
yeah i welded up my rear end :welder so its all locked all the time.:******* but there is no mud out here its so f***ing dry. we'll have to go weeling when i get back home. maby by then i will have sold my truck and got a land cruiser with a small block.
and way best of luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Too bad there's no mud, that sucks @$$. Haven't driven the truck more than a few feet, getting the kinks outta the rear susp. I just helped drop a 350 into another toy, and a S-10 is coming. Drop me a line when you get back i'll give you a hand with a V-8:D

Thanks for the help with the cylinders guys, i got the ford v8 one to work:p

·
Registered
327 Posts
I got a quick question on cooling, how do u keep ur v8 cooled efficiently?
Toyota said:
Too bad there's no mud, that sucks @$$. Haven't driven the truck more than a few feet, getting the kinks outta the rear susp. I just helped drop a 350 into another toy, and a S-10 is coming. Drop me a line when you get back i'll give you a hand with a V-8:D

Thanks for the help with the cylinders guys, i got the ford v8 one to work:p

·
Registered
83 Posts
jeepp said:
I got a quick question on cooling, how do u keep ur v8 cooled efficiently?
I used a V8 Monza 3 Row (Core as people call them) Rad and a 17"x1"thick Flexalite mechanicle fan. Never had a probem after I got that all figured out. ;) I have a FJ40 3 row rad sitting here that is going to go into my V6 Zuk that cooled a V8 Toy as well. In super hot(40+c) idling conditions my Monza Rad would run at 200 but wouldnt go much above that. If it did just kick the rpms up for 10 min and back down to 185. I built a custom bracket that mounted between the front body mounts and tied the top together but retained the stock hood latch and grill. Looked stock from front.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a rad out of a ford with a 460 mounted in the back, has a couple of electric fans on it. So far so good, i might stick an electric water pump in though to speed up the flow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts