BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seriously thinking of doing a v8 swap into truck. anyone know of any good sites where someone has done it and documented it well? i'm thinking of going full motor, tranny, transfer, no adaptor stuff if i can help it, i think it would be stronger and more reliable, i think cooling will be the biggest headache? any advice would be great.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm currently swaping a complete Chevy drivetrain into my 82, it's been a costly venture but I decided to rebuild almost everything as I go. I'm using a 350/th350/203/205 combo, heavy but strong, and I had almost everything in my shop already. (I keep convicning myself that it was a way of cleaning out my spare parts)

·
Registered
387 Posts
what year? i did one in my 86 runner in jan and did not rebuild ANYTHING. worst mistake ever, go new first, you will save tons $$$ in the long run. cooling is the biggest headache. go with a short water pump and flexlite dual fans. they are $$ but cool awsome. try to fit a 3 core corvette rad, you just have to find the biggest rad that fits, high flows also work every well.
good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have a 383 stroker th350 np205 then i put full size chevy 14bolt ,dana44 aluminum rad i have done almost everything to it parts wise and building it if your ever in mission and want 2 have a look give me a shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.