BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was an article in the Province by the Truck Guy saying that it is a good idea to vent your transfer case, transmission, etc. Is this a good idea? I do go through FSR puddles but no rivers. Reason why I also ask is that I hear tick tick right below and to the right of the auto stick which suggests that perhaps a bearing is going in my transfer case as suggested per the article.

On a different note, the Hurley is closed now but when does it normally open up?

Michael

·
Registered
129 Posts
all you major drive line pieces, transmission, t-case, diffs are all ready vented.. They all have to be and you have to make sure the vents are clear of mud and work properly.. When the fluids get hot they expand and create pressure.. This pressure needs to be vented, if its not you'll push fluid out what ever seals it can come out of... On most stock application the vents are in ok places if you don't really do any 4 wheeling.. Anyone who drives in water that goes deeper then half the diameter of your tires should relocate the vents up as high as possible inorder to keep water from entering the vents and contaminating the fluids..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.