BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VW Diesel mated to Toyota Transmission??
I now have in my hands a 1.6na VW diesel and need to mate it to a 5 speed transmission. Since Samurai tranmissions are becoming harder to find I was wondering if anyone has adapted this engine to a Toyota Transmission??

Any help anyone can give me would be great.

Thanks
:read :welder

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard of guys having problems with bearings in the zuk trannys w/diesel setups. There is just alot of toy trannys where I live so it just makes sense.

So no one has done this swap???

Hmmm maybe I will give it a shot for the hell of it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I seen a couple of pics of people doing it.
I am going to do it after I get mine up and going for a while, I want to switch my tranny to a toy and put dual cases on it.
Look up the priate4x4.com do a search for vw swaps
and you should come up with some pics of people doing this swap. They will give you some good info on what to do.
Chubby

·
Registered
109 Posts
Tuner Inside said:
VW Diesel mated to Toyota Transmission??
I now have in my hands a 1.6na VW diesel and need to mate it to a 5 speed transmission. Since Samurai tranmissions are becoming harder to find I was wondering if anyone has adapted this engine to a Toyota Transmission??

Don't go Toy, go bigger Suzuki. I've got a 2wd TracKick 5speed tranny for sale. $400CDN and it is yours!

:)

[email protected]

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Root Moose

I just picked up a toy tranny and tcase for 150 with a starter,clutch and fly wheel.

It seems the fly wheel mates to the VW crank with a slight triming around where it mounts to the crank. The bolt holes need to be slightly re drilled.

I will post pics when I have the two mated.

I put our Kick on its side so the wife grounded me from driving it so I have to get my 410 running asap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts