BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have an 86 Yota and i wanna run waggies in the rear, i did a quick search but havent found out everything.

What year do i need the waggy's from?

do i need to move the spring hangers like the c hevy swap?

any links with writeups on the swap?

what shocks did you use for the swap to use al the flex

are these just bolt in springs

how much lift?

·
1,269 Posts
An older Wagoneer, mid seventies to mid eighties. Look for the 7 leaf packs.

Yes. Not sure how much though.

Not that I have seen. It's not rocket science though. :D

I'd guess 9012s.

No, you need to move your hangers. :D

Something around 4 inches (or so I've heard).

·
Registered
139 Posts
i run waggys in the rear, mine are from an 83 and are a 5 leaf pack, and to gain all the flex from them you'll want to change your shock setup to the / \ setup instead of what yours probaly has.use u blots plates from a pre 84 to begin that conversion. my springs are 57" or so long so i would imagine it takes some hanger moving to get the tire back in the wheel well.
if you want you can come look at mine.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im a little skeptical about moving my hanger's, its prolly really easy but id wanna have it perfect :) would i just measure from the middle of the hole of the hanger to the other? sounds to me like the chevy swap would be easier

·
Registered
139 Posts
i think your putting to much thought into it, we're not building rockets here, just trucks. its easy once you dive in to it:welder

·
Registered
37 Posts
BBP said:
The 5 leaf packs are alot longer than the 7's I believe, and more rare as well.
Well, I believe there might be a tad of confusion on this point:

The 7leaf pack Wagoneers were only in the V8 models, and were 7leaf pack in front, and 5 on rear axle. Most commonly, the front packs are swapped into the front of a Toy (and the 44044 is the Rancho replacement of this 7 leaf pack), and rear packs into the rear.

Now, in my searches for Waggy's, I've seen 6 leaf and 5 leaf fronts, as well as one rig with a 6 leaf on the drivers side, and 5 on the passengers! I'm guessing that they broke a leaf at one point and didn't replace it (Eek). Yes, it sagged at one corner. Now to compare the 7 leaf fronts to the 5 leaf fronts....there might be a difference in length, but not much. It's comparing front to rear packs when you see the length differences.

This is to the best of my knowledge.....anyone know the better, then feel free to correct me. I'm not a Jeep expert, by any means.

To the querry above.....hangers have to be relocated. For me, 6" for the front hanger (forward) and 5" on the rear (rearward) for a total of 11".....hope this helps

·
1,269 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up Keith, I am obviously not a waggy or jeep expert either, but I remember Brandon (aka D.O.A.) telling me something about the waggy packs on his truck being rare and I remember they were less than 7, but I was too hungover to properly remember what the deal was. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well ive decided on the chevy swap, so im going to captain crunch tomorow and findin me some chev springs :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.