BC 4x4 Forums banner

Walker Valley Snow Trip

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  DMMcG 
#1 ·
Made a trip down to Walker Valley recently and got to enjoy total white-out conditions for the drive back. The wheeling wasn't half bad either, though we thought we might be spending the night in the park for awhile.

For those with high-bandwidth access, see the video at:
http://ganymede.stargate.ca/hot4x4-movies/DanBEWvidCD.mpg

Be warned: it's 35 or 36 Mb in size so may take awhile to download unless you have cable.

It's worth the wait. Trust me. Oh, ignore the date - I was using a title overlay with a default of 2000; should be 2002. I'll get right on that Mr. Spielberg, sir.......

------------------
DMMcG
'98 XJ

[This message has been edited by DMMcG (edited February 05, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by DMMcG (edited February 05, 2002).]

See less See more
#2 ·
That was pretty intense for a few moments.
Skill is what he has.

looked like a fun trip.
Jason

------------------
what do you mean you didn't get the payment, I sent it in the mail last week. Creditors what do you mean creditors. ring ring hi Jason its Allan we need to talk.
jboudreau32@hotmail.com

#6 ·
Yeah but Dale, you have to show them my video so they can see the FUN way of doing it.

------------------
88' 4Runner
SAS and a little bit of lift.
"All your Toyota are belong to me"
Member of the "Herd"

#8 ·
#11 ·
I read your writeup. Sounds like fun but I have to question your reasons for trying to open a locked gate that everyone knows is off limits.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Burnaby, B.C.
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

I was going to go crazy but then I realized that I already have a summer home there.

#12 ·
Originally posted by Paul:
I read your writeup. Sounds like fun but I have to question your reasons for trying to open a locked gate that everyone knows is off limits.
Why not take the "Ho Chi Minh Trail?" It was the turn-off to the right, not too far before you reach the B1000 gate. That gets you back to the pavement rather quickly.

AFAIK, that's the proper exit if you want to get out from that area of the park.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

#13 ·
Originally posted by lars:
Why not take the "Ho Chi Minh Trail?" It was the turn-off to the right, not too far before you reach the B1000 gate. That gets you back to the pavement rather quickly.

AFAIK, that's the proper exit if you want to get out from that area of the park.

...lars
That's the one we took (DNR refers to it as "Lower Jeep"). The last hill was a toboggan ride out, but wasn't as bad as I had thought it might be. With the unexpected depth of the snow it had become a safety issue, but I was over-worried for naught.

------------------
DMMcG
'98 XJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.