BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a scrambler/cj-8. Can be stock or mildly modified. Doesn't matter what shape it's in but this also determines what I will pay. If you have one or know of one for sale e-mail me the info thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can think of a few places you can look. Your best bet would be the following site:
http://scrambler.cj-8.com/ads.asp

I don't know what you want to spend, but you will find everything from mild to wild on this page.

If you want one in fantastic shape, try:
http://www.collinsbrosjeep.com

but expect to spend a lot of money... and then convert that amount to American Dollars.

The last possible place you could look is at:
http://www.jeephead.com/scram1.html

You could try and pry a CJ-8 out of the hands of a current owner.

Happy hunting.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You going to have to spend some MAJOR dollars to get a Scrambler that would be worth building MAJOR$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

------------------
80 Cj5, 360amc, Swampers, Custom 5in. lift, Off Road only
92 XJ 6" Rubicon, 32s, strictly street

·
Registered
149 Posts
I remember finding a CJ6 in the paper, (when looking for a 5 or 7) i got SOOOO exctied! But I called and it was already sold. They were asking $3000 if I remember, and according to the add it wasn't in bad shape.
I think it would be a lot of fun to build one of those.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Depending on what you are starting with, I think that building a Scrambler from scratch wouldn't be as bad as you think. Keep in mind the front half is a CJ-7.

The hard top would probably be the hardest thing to find.

After that, you can buy frames and bodies from different places, and keep in mind that you have the choice of what gauges you want and don't want.

I would definitely suggest you buy a used CJ-8, but if you can't, calculate how much a rust free frame and body would be worth to you if you were just about to start a project Jeep.

I think you'll find it isn't THAT bad.

Or, you could save up for the new Wrangler Rubicon that should soon be announced.

My 2 cents is go for the CJ-8!! It's better than driving any other type of Jeep!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think that wrangler rubicon thing is way overpriced, if the 31 grand US I heard is correct.
I don't understand why they're charging extra for axles that should come stock with those jeeps. The only place dand 35's belong is mabye behind a 1.3L suzuki motor.
The downside of dumb people being able to buy those is that now they'll go further into places they shouldn't be going in the first place.
I'm sorry, but for 31 grand US, i could buy me a YJ, send it to a shop, and have it build for me properly, with 60's, and a chevy or ford drivetrain, and STILL have money left over for another one.
Although, it's NICE to see chrysler going the opposite way of IFS plauge that hit the KJ. For that, I give them credit. It's defenetly nice to see.
When I can get a reasonably priced TJ with a good v8, 60's with chrome-molly axels, locked up ofcourse, liften, with a 100:1 crawl ratio or better, And enough lift to wiht 36" swampers or maybe even 38's, THEN they'll have my attention. Until then, I'll build it my damn self

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree with the overpriced TJ's but why are you ripping a hole into the Samurai guys. I drive a Samurai and I can do things with the stock 1.3l that would make you wonder why you might drive a Jeep.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i'm not ripping a hole in anything or anyone other than the dana35, and the axle has nothing to do with wheeling ability (other than the fact it will break if you wheel it hard). All I'm saying is the axle is insufficient for the power produced by the jeep, but a suzuki has only a 1.3L engline, thus it produces less power/tourque, (which is fine since it's lighter) thus it is less likely to break under a lighter vehicle with less power than under a jeep. I said nothing about wheeling ability. CHILL!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.