BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I blew my hubs playin at hut lake....

I can get warn premiums at a great price.... anyone used em?

good-bad... or just get more used ones?

thanx!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Everything I have read says the Aisin ones are much stronger and retail for twice the price. But used ones are cheap, also apparently they don't stick out as far. Just don't ever take one apart.....

Mike.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Ill sum it up ..... no

theyre aluminum and they crack wayy to easy

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Aisins are way better. They don't stick out nearly as much, which doesn't sound like a big deal but it will be when you smash your hub on a rock you thought you could clear but forogt you had new hubs. They are easy to repair/service, it's not rocket science, just have to be mechanically inclined. Also they are 50 bucks a pair at most wreckers.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
i posted this question in another thread, but are there different sizes of toyota aisin hubs (how far they stick out of the wheel)?

·
Registered
325 Posts
no there are just two differnet kinds, one for the solid front toys and one for the ifs. The only difference between the two is spline count I believe.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they stick out 1/2 inch more.....

anyone actaully know the breaking strenghts of em?

I just got a set of warn for $170 but not puttin em in yet!?

thanx?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Whats the warranty on Aisin hubs when bought new?

Isn`t Warn lifetime warranty?

Any dealing I have had with Warn were through e-mail. They sent me a new set of shocks cause I was having major problems with my Black Diamonds and the dealer would not do a damn thing.

Needed some papers on my used XD900i winch, they sent them priority post, next day delivery....no cost to me.

The free hubs were a bonus.

I gotta say this has been the best customer service from a large company that I have ever dealt with.:D

·
Registered
920 Posts
Warn hubs are great for me so far, when i installed my prems. i put a little silicone around the mounting surface then went and sat in a lake for 2 hours... worked really well for waterproofing. They do stick out a bit BUT thats what the wide rims or tires are for, i have 30x9.50s on and i clip the tire before i get the hub. works great but have a large price.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
is there a manual hub for the tacoma's? would it fit a 92? my wheels are from a 96 tacoma (the alloys with the 6 spoke) and the manuals i have now look kinda out of place sticking out as they do. not a big deal really, just curious to know.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Toyrantula said:
Whats the warranty on Aisin hubs when bought new?

Isn`t Warn lifetime warranty?

:D

Buy your Warns, you sound very convinced. If you ask 90 percent of people one here they will tell you your throwing at least a hundred dollars away. Brands new Aisins will run you over 600 dollars. No one buys brand new aisins. Go to a wrecker, they take 10 miutes to pull. Get one from a truck that has odviously not been wheeled and even if they do brake you can get parts for pennies. BTW it is relativley rare for them to break, whats your setup?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm runnin 36x12.50x15 swamper sx's with 5.29's and yukon gear spools front and rear....

I took back the warn and going to alpi's to pick up some used hubs.... I'll try my luck !

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I'm running ancient warn hubs on my cruiser, they are probably 20 years old and I've had not one problem.
However I do have a set of aisin hubs ready to swap in, with the different birfs, but the hubs keep on working.
I doubt they will ever fail, so when I swap it will be for looks. The warns are slightly longer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
if im not mistaken the warns dont use cone washers.I seen a set break the studs off the hub cause they loosened,but possibly the wern't tightned properly either.Either way he doesnt use them any more.If your using not using them for hard 4x4 they will probbably work fine.

·
Registered
300 Posts
northtoy said:
if im not mistaken the warns dont use cone washers.I seen a set break the studs off the hub cause they loosened,but possibly the wern't tightned properly either.Either way he doesnt use them any more.If your using not using them for hard 4x4 they will probbably work fine.
I agree, i had a set of warn prems for my ifs, snapped them because of lack of cone washer i believe,i always kept them tight(they liked to loosen themselves). Warn was good about it though and did replace them. But if you're gonna wheel i'd choose a used set of aisins.:)

·
Registered
920 Posts
ok they get smacked even with 33x12.5 tires? i guess in rocks they would but i dont know, i still like the warns better then my old aisins. They just seem sturdier. also if i do break em off or they loosen off too much then i can send em back on that lifetime warranty, if i had bought used and took a chance they were already busted thats just being in the hole for $75 bucks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts