BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished rebuilding my 84 22r, I had it bored out, and I put in a Shadbolt camshaft. When we started it up, we ran it for ten minutes and all my water from the cooling system went into my exhaust pipe. Took the head off and got it check again and had it resurfaced. Put everything where it was supposed to go and used a new headgasket...and started it up again and ran it for 15 minutes. Still loosing cooling water into the exhaust pipe. My cylinders have no water in them.

Can anyone give me an idea where to look next for the leak.

Thanks for any information.

Jeff

·
Registered
193 Posts
ummm...are you sure it is coolant. Have you verified that your coolant level is dropping. One of the by-products of combustion in an engine is water, thats why when a lot of cars start up you will see water dropplets come spitting out of the tail pipe/s. The exahust system hasn't heated up enough to evaporate the water. If you are sure it's coolant then I would have to say you have a huge problem if your sure it's not the headgasket. MIght wanna tear that motor down again.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Have the cooling system pressure checked...
I would tend to believe that there is a crack in the cylinder head behind one of the exhaust valve seats...
looks like it may be time to tear it down again...

------------------
1948 WILLYS flatfender
Gradually becoming un-toyotafied.......Got 4.3???
http://www.ottindustries.com

·
Registered
504 Posts
sorry bud, id have to agree, cracked head is all it can be, or the aluminum plate at the back of the head, has water and exhaust in it too

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts