BC 4x4 Forums banner

water leak!!!!!!!

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Brent 
#1 ·
GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRR I didnt mind the water leak comming out of my dash before but today on my way to a meeting me pants and paper work just got soaked. I read somthing about cleaning a hose that comes out of the fire wall?? i think i found the right one. Any suggestions??

oh yeah the leak is comming from both sides of my dash

[This message has been edited by Brent (edited February 06, 2002).]

#3 ·
I just siliconed the living $hit around the windshield seal on both sides and so far no leaks.
It's a feature on all YJ's I think. Really great way to soak and wreck your speakers.
Anyways, I'm pretty sure that's what's causing your leaks, it's the most common thing on YJ's from what I hear.

#4 ·
Silicone works well, but is not a good idea if you migh ever need to replace your windsheild in the future. the glue or whatever it is they use on the seal does not stick to silicone. and it is hard to get it all off. I ran into this problem when I was getting a new seal for my windsheild because it was leaking. The previous owner siliconed teh crap out of it.

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
360 V8, TF-727, NP-205, D44 front, chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker
http://members.shaw.ca/jaretthumphrey

#7 ·
this has come up a thousand times before the problem is most likely under your hood (at your firewall actually) .... waht you are looking for is a black tube coming out of the firewall on the passengeer side of the engine, it hangs down about 16" and just ends (with a pinch valve) this usually clogs with leaves and crap and once that happens you have a new water catch tank to soak you everytime it rains. the solution is to cut the pinch valve off. there are a number of us on this board that will attest to the effectiveness of this simple repair to the brilliant chrysler engineering design.

------------------
81 Bronco 33s
92 YJ 31s
84 Bronchial spasm

#9 ·
Cut the hose and cleaned it out and still she leaks!!!!!!!!! I guess it is the window seal then?

------------------
92 yj 2 inch body lift,lift shackles, 2.5 rancho lift springs running on 33's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.