BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys and gals want to do a weekend trip ya know drive in for a while play a little camp overnight then get up drive a little more play some more then camp again you get the picture do any of you have any good ideas of where I can go for a weekend trip?

------------------
81 Toyota 4X4
It's not pretty but it was free and i'm gonna beat it till it dies!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well it all depends on how long you want to go for, what time of year, how far you want to travel and how crazy you want to get. I like to consider myself as the map King (I have all of B.C in 1:50 & 1:250 topo maps + every atals you can imagin). Tell me a bit more waht your looking for and I'll try to hook you up. I have hundreds of plotted trips I just can't ever seem to make them.

------------------
Happiness is belt fed weapons and road noise

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds great you are the "MAP KING", ok well i'm just trying to get some ideas not sure if i'm ready to go while it's still winter but I know spring and summer i'd like to go on a few different adventures, you should take the time and come with us!

------------------
81 Toyota 4X4
It's not pretty but it was free and i'm gonna beat it till it dies!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Trust me I would love to. It just seems every time something [email protected]#'s up and I can't go. So i never make solid plans anymore (if I make it, I make it). But if you want a trip for this summer let me know and I'll see what I can dig up for ya. That gives alot of time for planin a kick a$$ trip.

------------------
Happiness is belt fed weapons and road noise

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'd be willing to go just about anywhere providing I get about 2 weeks notice... I don't do many overniters but would like to. Think it's cold down there? I'm spending a week in -10 to -15 in the interior. Believe me you don't want to get stuck!!

------------------
97 ram 1500 swb.3" w/35"at. 4.56 w/rear detroit

·
Registered
50 Posts
you could take a trip to one of the hot springs, not a bad trip even in the winter.

------------------
when in doubt, hammer the gas
81 toy 4.5-5"lift, rebuilt 22r, homebuilt bumpers, 33 mud kings JDgreen, 4.37's

·
Registered
391 Posts
We took a nice trip a couple years ago starting on the west Harrison rd and coming out by Pemberton, the road itself doesnt offer much 4wheelin but theres plenty of little off shoots to explore and the scenery is fantastic. It can be driven in a day but there are lots of places to camp so you could turn it into a weekender. Its probably something you'd want to leave till spring, I imagine the snow would be fairly deep and it would be a little cold for camping.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I did that trip last summer. It is a pretty fun trip, but there isn't much in the way of real 4x4ing.

I am in on doing a trip in the spring/ summer, providing I have my truck back on the road by then.

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
360 V8, TF-727, NP-205, D44 front, chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker
http://members.home.net/jaretthumphrey

[This message has been edited by Jarett (edited December 28, 2001).]

·
Registered
54 Posts
You should come to merritt in july, for the merritt mountian music festival. Come a few days earlier and we could arrange an overnight trip in the boonies. Its hell of a party people. think about it!

·
1,269 Posts
I'd be interested in a summer trip, but I was thinking the other direction.. Moab or perhaps the Rubicon anyone?

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
391 Posts
Originally posted by Big Bad Pete:
I'd be interested in a summer trip, but I was thinking the other direction.. Moab or perhaps the Rubicon anyone?

Funny you should say that, we're planing a trip in late febuary early march . We plan on hitting the Rubicon, then probably Johnson Valley, then on down to the Baja for the San Felipe 250. So far it looks like three trucks (my sister in her jeep, Bazzer in his toy, and me in my banged up chev)but everyone is welcome. I'll post a thread when we get specific dates figured out, but heres a little heads up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
theres a good book out called "the four wheelers companion" by mark bostwick which covers southwestern bc-from squamish to lillooet which has a ton of good trails in it. you should check it out. it only costs about $18. we have gone on several of the trips and had a blast.

------------------
when in doubt, hammer the gas
81 toy 4.5-5"lift, rebuilt 22r, homebuilt bumpers, 33 mud kings JDgreen, 4.37's*for sale*
now have_87xj w/5' lift, snorkel, roof rack, 8000 warn, 33" mud kings and rust

·
Registered
354 Posts
If you guys decide when you want 2 go let us know and I'm in 4 sure. I'm Penticton and there are some nice spots 2 go chewing here. If you guys want 2 plan a trip let me know and we'll do our best 2 accomadate you guys.

------------------
88 Ranger 4inch sup lift 3 inch body swaped in 4.0 8.8 rear dana 35 up front 33 12.50 swampers

·
1,269 Posts
Originally posted by monzter:
Funny you should say that, we're planing a trip in late febuary early march . We plan on hitting the Rubicon, then probably Johnson Valley, then on down to the Baja for the San Felipe 250. So far it looks like three trucks (my sister in her jeep, Bazzer in his toy, and me in my banged up chev)but everyone is welcome. I'll post a thread when we get specific dates figured out, but heres a little heads up.
Heads up right back at ya big guy, shoot me an email as soon as you've got the dates all figured out.

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.