BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I have a TJ and we just replaced the starter yesterday... today when i was driving it I was accelerating fast through first and second gear and at 25 grand it started making this loud squeeling noise and it continues from 1st to 2nd gear but not 3rd 4th or 5th and if you hold the RPMs it continues to squeel.... when the clutch goes in ... it stops... anyone got any theories???

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
today when i was driving it I was accelerating fast through first and second gear and at 25 grand it started making this loud squeeling noise ... anyone got any theories???
Ya, try not to rev it to 25 grand. Usually they blow apart long before you get that high!

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Mine squeals when there is no load on it. I suspect belt, but there are too many questions, does it only squeal while driving, or does it do it while in neutral with clutch out?

·
Registered
360 Posts
My guess would be the fan belt. Serp belts need to be really tight for them not to squeek. There should be adjusters on your powersteering pump under the hood.

Likely doesn't do anything while idle because there is no load on the engine. Where does the sound seem to be coming from?

·
Registered
752 Posts
my guess would be one of those skinny pot-head kids that works at canadiantire spilt bong water on your TOB ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.