BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
it was awesome, hope you all had a good time. my carnage list, was my right door, care of my lady pam. flopped my rig on its side, but the smiley face was well worts it. also broke left steering knuckle studs.. thanks mike for the parts, and special thanks to DENNIS FOR GOING TO GET THE PARTS. nice to see a good turn out.. told you all it was a hard trail. :p :D AND THE BEER!!!:beer :beer :beer :welder

i also have to hand it to my gal, PAM. she drove awesome. got to love to see the women driving and enjoying themselves..

·
Registered
973 Posts
Yeah that was a pretty kickass trip, although i didnt run my truck through, it was pretty damn amazing to watch. And heck ya thats a tough trail!!!!!!!!

Thanks for a great day ALL

·
Registered
382 Posts
carnage list

driver side inner and outer shafts plus u joint.
passenger side brake line.
flop to driver side but it was saved by my tire carrier. ( im sure someone will post a pic)
and on the way home my tranny went, so i had to call bcaa.
man am i glad i picked up a daily driver.

EDIT: i just noticed my rear tj flare is broken in half. (anyone have a rear pass sahara flare for sale)?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ya it was a good time. A few flops made for a good time. I came out basically unscathed. Once again thanks to Rick for the great spotting.......and the beer!!:D I'll try to get my pics developed ASAP.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey guys, good to hear you had fun:) But I need to see pics,eh:canadian Rick, I'll call when I get home from the island.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'd never seen so many big rocks in one place locally.
Have to go back with a smaller group. How many rigs were there, about 17 or more?
Good day though.

Thanks Rick

:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
okay heres some pics for ya!!! even tho my freakin driveshaft was too short and i couldnt do much wheelin we stuck around to help out and get some pics! enjoy, Russ.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Good day. Sorry I left early( YA I KNOW.......... AGAIN!)

my carnage list.

crushed in rocker
mangled tierod
mangled driveshaft

and that was only about 200ft of the trail:D

Maybe one day I will finish this trail

BTW rick what time did you get out?

·
Registered
973 Posts
we all got out probably just after 10:30, sorry thought i would reply for Rick, correct me if im wrong. aswell the flashlight went dead just as we got ricks tire on. man that was a close one. NO sign of the rock thrower though !! Goat and Rick know what im talking about.

was a fun trek out in the dark......

·
Registered
287 Posts
ok thats some nastie azz sh!t you guy's a doin' down there

i can't wait till i can join you on one of those runs

quick question though,

where does that trail take you?

does it go to somewater fall or lake or something?

p.s. those are some awsome pic's!

·
Registered
973 Posts
The trail is fairly short, but intense. It loops around back on to the road that you take to get to the start of the trail. I was unable to run the trail in my own truck but im stoked to try it when my rig i ready . Its well worth going

so to answer your question no it doesnt really lead anywhere, like a lake or anything but there is a cool waterfall on the side of the trail on your way up.

·
Registered
544 Posts
well I had a interesting time,but it diden't start untill I left.me and Martz left around 6:00,drove home 7:30 could not find my wallet,serched my truck like 4 times,then I remember right at the very end of the trail(right befor the road) while we were waiting for the three grand Jeep's to get over the first rocks I jumped out of my truck to put my shorts on,removing my wallet from my pants pocket and putting it on my tire:******* ,forgetting about it I drove away.
so hoped in to my Girlfriends car drove all the way back,around 9:00 and there it was lying in the dirt:) I felt like such a dumbass,I was going to try to get over the rocks in her Tracker to see if you guys were still up there but just said screw it,got home 11:00:boring
I just wish I had one of your guys phone #'s so I would not have had to drive back and forth,but what can you do

the really dumb part is that I had like 400$ cash in it:eek:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hahaha, that's too funny! :D You could have just asked Brendan, he has my cell number. Oh well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awsome time as usual, always look forward to going wheeling with you all. Rick , no problem at all getting the parts always glad to help you out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well it was a good trip,although me and dug turned back right after the first obstickle(time issues),wow was I tired after all that stacking and hiking,lots of nice rigs and it was nice to meet some other wheelers,let's do it again some time.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Dan O said:
well I had a interesting time,but it diden't start untill I left.me and Martz left around 6:00,drove home 7:30 could not find my wallet,serched my truck like 4 times,then I remember right at the very end of the trail(right befor the road) while we were waiting for the three grand Jeep's to get over the first rocks I jumped out of my truck to put my shorts on,removing my wallet from my pants pocket and putting it on my tire:******* ,forgetting about it I drove away.
so hoped in to my Girlfriends car drove all the way back,around 9:00 and there it was lying in the dirt:) I felt like such a dumbass,I was going to try to get over the rocks in her Tracker to see if you guys were still up there but just said screw it,got home 11:00:boring
I just wish I had one of your guys phone #'s so I would not have had to drive back and forth,but what can you do

the really dumb part is that I had like 400$ cash in it:eek:

way to go dumbass!!:D was that before or after I tryed to show up the cherokees and got high centered?:rolleyes:

also thanks to the guy in the purple cherrokee that gave me a strap and air.

Dan

·
Registered
565 Posts
Thanks for the awesome pics Russ. Anyone else have any???

Sorry I couldn't hang around and help you put your rig back together Rick, but the girlfriend called just after I started heading down and was getting impatient. It was fun though, I've never taken apart the front of a Toyota before.

Oh, congrats to your girlfriend for showning the rest of us up and making some of those obstacles look easy. Even though she put it on its side.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
DaveW said:
Thanks for the awesome pics Russ. Anyone else have any???

Sorry I couldn't hang around and help you put your rig back together Rick, but the girlfriend called just after I started heading down and was getting impatient. It was fun though, I've never taken apart the front of a Toyota before.

Oh, congrats to your girlfriend for showning the rest of us up and making some of those obstacles look easy. Even though she put it on its side.
no prob we had to wait for parts to get back, but thanks, and sorry about the strap. as for my girl PAM. yea she drove good, will not let me live it down. as for putting my rig on its side, oh well.... it matches the drivers door now.. hehe, lucky for DENNIS the door was on. or he mighthave been part of the rock. hehe.

P.S. ............ CAN SOMEONE E-MAIL ME SOME PICS OF MY RIG ON ITS SIDE. THANKS. my camara was in the truck at the time. or if someone can get me copies and ill be glad to pick them up and pay for them. thanks.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I WOULD ALSO LOVE TO GET THE PICS OF MY FLOP.
I KNOW THERE ARE TONS CAUSE I WAS SITTING THERE WAITNG FOR LIKE 5 MIN FOR EVERYONE TO FINISH SNAPPING PICS BEFORE YOU FLIPPED ME BACK OVER.;)
YOU CAN E-MAIL THEM TO ME OR JUST POST HERE AND I WILL CUT AND PASTE.:beer

1 - 20 of 79 Posts