BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn do those suck, I just wasted about 5 hours of my trying to replace the drivers side lower balljoint and im barely further then when i started. Rented a balljoint press ($25 for the day) and parked my dads f 350 on the knuckle so it would'nt move while i used a 3/4" drive breaker bar and 7' pipe to try and press the damn thing out. But all i did was strip some of the threads on press. Oh well i guess i'll have to take it to Lordco on tuesday.

Anyway i just had to vent a little bit.

Jamie

·
Registered
595 Posts
heh.. i didn't replace my ball joints on my car ( didn't know they were worn, oops) and then one brock when i was goin really fast.. lets say there was lots of damage to my car... this doesn't really have anything to do with you msg.. when someone mentions balljoints it makes me think of that crazy accident.. actually it was pretty sweet..

·
Registered
437 Posts
I just finished doing mine, and for about 20$ more than what it cost to rent that press, is what a shop charged me to press the old ones out and put the new ones in, It made changing the ball joints so easy and quick and well worth the money.

----------------
78 3/4T 350 chev

·
Registered
287 Posts
sucs2bu!
did you take the c clip off first?
of course you did.
just beat the f*cker out with a hammer, didn't work? bigger hammer!
clean up the edge with a file,wd40 the whole thing
gently tap new one in,
where you at with it now?
i just did one the other day, with a beer in my hand,well i set it down from time to time,you must have a tuff one,good luck chuck!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
A ball joint press......whats that??.........:laugh :laugh must be simmilar to the 'infamous' U-joint press. :laugh
I've done all 4 of mine with a BFH about 2 years ago, worked great, the more frusterated you get, the more you SMASH it(it's garbage anyways):D :D Then, as Broncoguy said, clean edge and tap in new one.
Like then say, "Theres a right tool for every job", and a BFH will do most of them :******* :*******

1 - 5 of 5 Posts