BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a good time today; it was raining in the first valley I checked out, so I relocated and enjoyed warm sun for the rest of the day.

Found a decent-looking trail, truck-wide, but shortly found it blocked by a couple of recently-fallen pine trees, and I didn't have the chainsaw with me. Darn it, I was GONNA pack it, then decided not to.

Then I found a cool little ATV trail that zig-zags up a hillside, winds between the trees, and gets pretty tight. Pic of trailhead Encountered a low chunk of deadfall that was just a few inches above my handlebars; had to dismount and push the quad past. Pic of low tree
Didn't follow it to the end as I got hung up on deadfall that was lying across the road, and it took a bit of effort to free myself; since I was solo I turned around rather than have to cross it again on the way back. This trail reminds me of Suzuki Trail on Blue Mtn (the uncut version; you oldtimers will know what that means!), but it's tighter, twistier, and more rutted. Later on, I encountered a couple of lost four-wheelers in a stock Ranger, and gave them directions to the paved road; I didn't tell them that the only reason I knew how to get there was because I had JUST checked out that section of road, to see where it went. :)

No, I won't post where these trails are, but I'd be happy to take you and your quad there. :D

New signs on the mainlines warning that the roads were "wilderness forest service roads - not maintained" were in abundance, a sure sign of things to come with the MOF cutbacks. Pic of MOF sign

Nice relaxing day of exploring in the fresh air. I enjoyed it so much I'm going riding again tomorrow, but to a different area. :cool:

See ya on the trail.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And again today!

Went to Squamish, checked out the road that goes above Shannon Falls. It does have boulders across it, but somebody has stacked them. For those of you who have seen my truck, it would have made it over with no trouble. Somebody was asking about a photo in another thread. Pic of boulders

Saw Jason and Phil of the Lionsgaters on the Indian Arm rd, along with 3 Toyotas, followed by 2 more Toyotas that weren't with them.

Went in to Twin Bridges and took a little road up on the left that I'd never been on, this is route for Test of Mettle. When the course made a left into a little hole in the bush, I went right, and ended up at a logged cut. Great weather, perfect for riding. Pic of Twin Bridges

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
hey u think my truck could make it over. no lift or anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts