BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now own a 86 Jeep cherokee 2.8. (That's leaving very soon) A 90' camaro 305 will be installed soon. Will the Axels hold up 2 abuse. Or should I swap them out 2? I have 33in super swampers going under it? thanx you guys!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
ANGER ranger w\ attitude said:
I now own a 86 Jeep cherokee 2.8. (That's leaving very soon) A 90' camaro 305 will be installed soon. Will the Axels hold up 2 abuse.
The front will be OK for while depending on your driving style. The rear will go boom. Swap it out now.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
ANGER ranger w\ attitude said:
I now own a 86 Jeep cherokee 2.8. (That's leaving very soon) A 90' camaro 305 will be installed soon. Will the Axels hold up 2 abuse. Or should I swap them out 2? I have 33in super swampers going under it? thanx you guys!

305 + 33's +D30+ D35 =:laugh it will blow, maybe not after one run but if u have lockers and a heavy right foot, the axles are done, and u might want to go with a chev t case and tranny to.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will be changin' out the tranny and case. I would like to use the tranny that goes with the motor. I'm also loking 4 a divorced t-case,if anyone know's of one. Not sure what 2 do 4 axels? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
axles, what about scout D44 f/r, or EB D44 and 9" or even toyota axles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts