BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now ruled out buying a nissan pathpinder due to lack of aftermarket support.

I am now seriously contemplating doing a suzuki samurai what do you guys think ? other than lack of power or switching to a 1.6 liter motor what sort of things should i be looking at ? this will be a daily driver weekend trail running rig !

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at a built up zuk with 33's for $ 5000 earlier but i was thinking about also buying a stock sidkick and maybee doing it as well , by the way im on gabriola island right now for a couple of weeks and is there ever alot of nice 4x4's over here. (and nanaimo) !

·
Registered
57 Posts
So, are you only trying to buy bolt-on aftermarket parts from the Sears catalogue? :rolleyes:

If so, yep, keep looking for the most generic SUV you can buy, which would be a YJ, prob. a TJ now, and full size trucks.

But if you're looking to "doing it" as you referred, try anything. Bolt on yota drive train onto the Pissfinder, etc.

Try something new, custome it a little bit. It's actually not that difficult.

(I've seen some VW turbo-diesels inside sidekicks now anyways, so there's probably plenty of torque to wheel it with mods).

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
259 Posts
ive got a samuria currently with a 3.5 inch sua lift( its to stiff). i have a 1.6 engine and i drive my samuria every where. in the summer i drive all over the place and in the winter i drive up to whistler from surrey almost 2 times a month. it is small which is a positive and a negative but is so much fun on the trail and bootin around town. im pretty biased but i think samurias are great.
warren

G

·
Zuk's do look kinda cool all done up but, if you're a big guy then sit in one first. I watched a guy I was wheelin with adjust his passenger side mirror without undoing his seatbelt.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Long wheel base Zuks (now there's an oxymoron) are about the same length as a YJ.

Do a spring over, change the t-case gears, and bolt on 32s and they are great.

For ultimate torque and gas milage the VW turbo deisel is awsome, but not as cheap or easy as a sidekick 1.6 swap.

If you want to go hardcore down the road then swap in toyota axles.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
BlameCanada said:
So, are you only trying to buy bolt-on aftermarket parts from the Sears catalogue? :rolleyes:
Although it's a great idea to really look into what you can do for your vehicle, not everyone has the budget and the free time usually necessary for drivetrain swaps, engine swaps, yadda yadda yadda. If you're somehow trying to demean the guy just because he want's to put a simple lift on an inexpensive truck you should really find a new hobby. :mad:

On another note, it's curious how you've left all mention of any vehicle or experience you might have out of your name and signature. For all we know, you drive a Tempo and take potshots at posters because you've got the free time to do so...

·
Registered
177 Posts
there is a sweet zuke in the buy and sell with a winch, 32's and a full exo skelton....for like 11 grand...migth be a little to steep, but looks solid. me personally, id go for a trooper.....its like a bigger zuke, and parts and upgrades arent that hard to find, if yoru willing to look. same as with everything thouhg

G

·
For the love of Pete, watch the rush dude. Check under all of the fender flares and the plastic trim panels. Other than that, do a SPOA, gears and 32s and yer done!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts