BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 81 lemans with a 3.8L V6, just to get around while I build my next truck so stop laughing, and i was thinking of putting its V6 in a sammy, tight fit
so Im wondering what bolt pattern it would have and what trannies it would take? Im asuming it would be a dodge tranny.......

thanks

------------------
I live for SCORT.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hey Shannon. Lemans or Lebaron???? the Lemans is a Pontiac . The Lebaron is a Chrysler..... If it has a 3.8 litre then it is a Pontiac (this engine is the "buick"v6 ) 231 cubic inches (one US gallon) the only manuals that bolt up are real crappy ones like the sm420 (YEAH RIGHT...LOL) you can use the bellhousing from a S10 truck to do this mod. If you're putting this motor in a Sammi just use a BOP pattern automatic (again a Bolt up) and rig the adapter driveshaft....

If it is a POS dodge v6 then I think the Dakota's used this engine (yer basically on your own there...)

#1 mod for Beer--- anti spill cup holders big enough to fit a Can koolie.....

------------------
1948 WILLYS flatfender/toyota
Soon to require a Mile -per - year speedometer http://www.ottindustries.com

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, yeah i kinda had a brain fart there and thought pontiac was related to dodge
So it is a buick 3.8, this could work. Right now its a toss up between the 3.8 and the 22r outa my truck, gonna have to look into this........

and the anti-spill cup holders are in the final stage of R and D

Beer

------------------
I live for SCORT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts