BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the time has come to paint my truck.the new box is bobbed and primed.
I hate black so I figured that if I'm painting the box I may as well paint the hole truck.I originaly thought grey or silver,but that will just look like all the other toys out there.

so......

what color??
(I'm using spray cans so any color is almost possible):)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
camo:D

·
Registered
453 Posts
porsche blue for sure it's the color i was goig to paint my blazer til i discoverd the cheapest paint scheme ever WHITE TREMCLAD:D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Dan O said:
well the time has come to paint my truck.the new box is bobbed and primed.
I hate black so I figured that if I'm painting the box I may as well paint the hole truck.I originaly thought grey or silver,but that will just look like all the other toys out there.

so......

what color??
(I'm using spray cans so any color is almost possible):)
I've seen a toyota painted honda del sol green... It was SWEET.

I think your truck would look wicked this sorta colour...

·
Registered
708 Posts
that green colour would be sub-lime green

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
paint it biege like the cruiser, but dont add the brown or people will tell ya it looks like a cow

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Out here in Saskatchewan we paint everything the same color.
John Deere green!
Just like my cruiser!:D

·
Registered
398 Posts
PAINT IT YELLOW AND DIE!!!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
winter cammo, white black and grey. Saw a pic of a 4runner completely painted grill and all looked wicked.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dark green would be cool. Like a forest green but then again with all the trees around here it'll get [email protected] almost right away. A lighter color would be better but white kinda sucks. Grey would be alright or even drab olive green.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well I think it's come down to either a dark metalic grey,yellow(sorry Bigbird:D ),or if I can find that light purple/silver colour that 93-95 civics came in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
if it ain't white it ain't right

White all the way. I've owned every colour in the spectrum and White shows the least dirt and hides pinstripes and dents very well.....and its cheap. Just my two cents

·
Registered
363 Posts
White shows the least dirt and hides pinstripes and dents very well
WHY would you want to do that? :D

i always thought it would be cool to paint my truck that god-awfull sr5 factory striped paint job. blue, red, tan i think it was. its super ugly, but you virtually never see it.

now that aside, napa can pump any colour you want into spray cans including metalics. the store i worked at charged $10 per bomb, plus paint. CENTARI paint (the only stuff you can put in cans because it doesnt need a hardener) ran about $18-$24 per pint depending on colour and you can make 4 bombs per pint. quarts were in the $35 range. you can look through the dupont books to find a dealer colour or the generic colour chips. our store also had a portable colour scanner. if youre doing the whole truck, you may as well buy a cheap spray gun at princess auto and borrow a compressor.

now if you want to go super welfare paintjob, use crappy tire rust paint. its urethane based as opposed to tremclad and is very durable. this is what ive always had on my truck. $10 a quart, and lasts two+ years in yearround driving. if you get bored one afternoon, you can just whip out the sprayer a give youself a new $10 paintjob in you driveway. the trick ive found is to use laquer thinner. it dries really quick and leaves it nice and shiny.

·
1,269 Posts
Sorry Rick I was planning on electric yellow before I saw your truck (which will, by the way, look orange in comparison :D ).

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well every one I know keeps telling me to do it properly even though I don't really care.I might buy a cheap spray gun,I already had a compressor.I'm not painting it white since we all ready have 4 white cars in front of the house

1 - 20 of 29 Posts