BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
do they make headers for a 2.8 for a BII???

??and who makes them?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok ill put this...the subject was wrong...what can i do to get the most out of my 2.8 its already .20 over what else do i do im only 16 and still in school so i cant afford and engine swap unless its $1000 or under

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I wouldn't waste money trying to 'soup-up' the 2.8L. I doubt anything will make a big enough difference to justify.
Bigger tires than stock?? Maybe a gear set would help ya out.
Gettin rid of that POS feed back carb would be a step in the right direction if ya decide to play with the motor. IMO

·
Registered
898 Posts
Rogue Bronco said:
I wouldn't waste money trying to 'soup-up' the 2.8L. I doubt anything will make a big enough difference to justify.
Bigger tires than stock?? Maybe a gear set would help ya out.
Gettin rid of that POS feed back carb would be a step in the right direction if ya decide to play with the motor. IMO
I agree that ditching the feedback carb (and the dumbass ignition that runs it!) is a good step, UNLESS YOU HAVE AN O/D AUTO TRANS!!!!!!!! The A4LD absolutely REQUIRES the EEC-IV computer to control the lock-up torque converter.

As for headers on a 2.8 , With some modification, the factory manifolds off an 86 Aerostar with the 2.8 will help.

And as for souping up a 2.8 being a waste of money, I call BS!

Mine runs approx. 200 ponies, and while it CAN get a bit pricey, it doesn't have to be.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what will it cost to put a 4 barrell on my 2.8?

·
Registered
898 Posts
I'll assume you don't have an A4LD...

It would basically cost several hours labour, and some parts.
To run a 4 barrel, swap out the EEC-IV computer & distributor for the Duraspark (as described at the Ranger Station), as well as getting the Offy intake (which can cost anywhere from about $100 & up...Mine came on a 2.8 that I bought because it was a cheap runner, but it turned out to be much more than just a runner). Depending on what internal mods and performance goodies you have, you can then choose whatever 4 barrel of whatever CFM you want. And just for sh#ts & giggles, remove the two threaded plugs that Offy conveniently included on the intake, just below the carb, and bolt in a nitrous kit :D

I'm not a mechanic, though. I just mess around a bit. There are several excellent sources of info on the 2.8, one of the best being at www.therangerstation.com

Oh, and just to add...I "wasted" a total of $20 on my 2.8 headers, plus a case of beer and $100 for the rest of the stainless dual exhaust (including all materials, labour, and fabrication time...

·
Registered
189 Posts

i highly recommend you pay blue coyote a visit and check out his rig with the 2.8

his b II sounds sweet and he will give you some good sound advice
and don't be suprised if he has a spare part or two to sell you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.