BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. a while ago some of you gave me the suggestion to pull out some leaf springs from my spring paks to soften up the ride. i have seven leafs in the front and eight in the rear!!!! heres the problem.... i finally got some time to try and take out some springs but now i am stuck with a perplexing problem. i undid the u-bolts on the front, both sides, and then jacked up the fornt end. simple enough, no not really...i cant jack the front up high enough to pull out the center pins for a few reasons, 1:the brake lines might snap, 2:for some reason, although the axle is no longer attached to the sprrings, when i jacked the front up the tires somehow lifted off the ground?!?! is that because my shocks are still on? wouldnt they extend enough for me to be able to pull out the center pins? 3: im not too sure but maybe the steering assembly is also still locating the axle...hmmmmmm anyone got some ideas that wont require me to disassemble the front end?

·
Registered
28 Posts
you got to unbolt the shocks ,

and about the brake lines,
thier is retainer clips holding the soft lines to the frame pull the SMALLER ones off so the metal line can pass through ,giving it more clearence. the drag link shouldent be in the way.

oh by the way with that many stiff leafs you probibly wont be getting much droop wich probibly means your break lines and and shocks are too short if thier bottoming out so soon ,but mabee not i cant see from here

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Is this a land cruiser?
If it is ...undo the shackle ,make sure the axle is supported and away you go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts