BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking of buying a suki, i'm a poor toy guy that is going back to school and looking for something a little cheaper to run around in. what should i look for in a suki? and problems in the 80's with the samurai's? i'm looking at one with a 22r, is that a good convershion, liitle things to look for?
thanx for all the tips
sean

·
Registered
207 Posts
Rust. You don't want a frame with any rust on it, but as a yota fan I'm sure you know that. Also body rust. Behind the fender flares is a biggie, especially the rear ones. If it has carpet in it, lift up the carpets and inspect the floor.

------------------
'86 LWB, 6" SPOA, 32" mud kings, weber carb, 4.62, K&N, 2" exhaust, custom bumpers and roll cage, camaro bucket seats
FOR SALE!
http://redsand4x4.cjb.net

·
Registered
18 Posts
22r ain't that poppular. If your looking for one with more power, look for one with a 1.6L conversion.

------------------
88.5 Samurai
"Pushing the limits of Japanese technology every day"

·
Registered
98 Posts
Originally posted by mudrunner:
i'm thinking of buying a suki, i'm a poor toy guy that is going back to school and looking for something a little cheaper to run around in. what should i look for in a suki? and problems in the 80's with the samurai's? i'm looking at one with a 22r, is that a good convershion, liitle things to look for?
thanx for all the tips
sean
IMHO I would avoid models between '88.5 and '91....these were equipped with ECU_controlled_carburator....I've never had one, but I've heard some negative opinions on that. Any comments anyone???
If you can find a '91+, those were EFI's - good stuff for obvious reason.
Hard top is good too....
Just my .02

------------------
-marker

·
Registered
85 Posts
No problem I got a 88.5 and you just put on a pony carb and disconect all electronic stuff...
Originally posted by marker:
IMHO I would avoid models between '88.5 and '91....these were equipped with ECU_controlled_carburator....I've never had one, but I've heard some negative opinions on that. Any comments anyone???
If you can find a '91+, those were EFI's - good stuff for obvious reason.
Hard top is good too....
Just my .02

------------------
http://www3.telus.net/tazuki

1 - 6 of 6 Posts