BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has more to do with dirt bikers and ATVers but 4x4 drivers are included as well:

http://vimb.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?t=3206&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Starts off kind of even-handed but gets uglier later on.

You need to be aware of this because that's what we're up against when it comes to trying to regain access to public land (and park land that was taken from us).

And if you think their opinion of us is bad there, wait till you see what they say on hiking and enviro boards.

...lars

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Lars, I posted a while ago about taking the Oregon model to follow. Right away some people jumped on "having to pay" gov a permit to wheel. I still think it is a great model which makes space for everyone while providing some degree of oversight on core trails and upkeep.

I can sympathize with the other users complaining about people dumping trash or tearing the sh*t out of a trail just because that is the only way they can get through it or just feel like it.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't have a problem with the Oregon model, either. Motorized recreation looks very well supported down there and I'll bet a lot of that is due, in part, to the fees. My guess is that if we didn't pay for annual hunting / fishing licenses, those past times would be in dire straits up here, too.

...lars

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.