BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at maybe selling my tin top, but really don't know what I should ask for it/what it would sell for.....?

1987 tin top
Rust free imported from the US only a couple of years ago
1.6 16 valve motor
4:1 Transfer case
Toyota axle swap with Sky manufacturing rear housing 4.10 gears lockright front and rear
Disc brakes front and rear
Trail tough missing links and YJ conversion
Sky high steer
Custom front bumper with Warn 9000lb powerplant winch
Custom rock sliders
Custom traction bar
Shrockworks rear bumper/tire carrier/jack mount
5 almost new 35/10.5/15 TSL Boggers on Cragar 15x8 soft 8 wheels
Bushwacker 6" flares
Procar seats

I'm sure I am forgetting lots more but you get the idea.......
It has an ARB compressor already mounted which was for the air locker that was in the stock diff.
I have a high pinion front third, New ARB air locker and a New set of longfield axles for the front that come with the truck that I have not installed yet.

Help me price it please.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
i've never been a big fan of samurais but this one is awesome. it's tough to sell something modified for what it's actually worth though, especially with so many people out of work and everyone else scared of spending money.

it should be worth at least 8 grand probably closer to 10

·
Registered
17 Posts
i'm with steve604 on the 8 to 10K. i'd be asking 10K for it... very nice. as you know, the buyer base is somewhat limited, but that will be a good buy for someone looking for a samurai... i just shopped around and bought one, but i would have paid in that price range for your rig had it been available...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
that's my problem, I can't really find anything as clean and modded to compare it to.

I hearr ya. Custom trucks are one of the kind and with the age of samurais and the abuse that they can potentially be subject to finding a comperative one is pretty much impossible.

However, two years ago my buddy sold one VERY similar to yours in shape and mods level for 8800.

The only difference was that he did not have the snorkel, rear discs and front bumper/whinch and it was a convertable.

The rest was pretty much there. His had rear coils to boot though and 5.29s. Also a Utah body, so as free of rust as they possibly could be. He didn't even wheel it after his 3rd or so run as he did not catch the bug, so to speak.
Like I said - super comperable.

So there... 8-10 is probably close but I must tell you. He was selling it for over a year. Probably close to two... With this kind of stuff it's hard to find the rigth buyer and that's what determines the sale price ultimately.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
That Sammy in the CL ad looks a little beat, Brian has a super clean truck especially being rust free.

Dont let that baby go for less than 8.

Be realistic with it also, there are alot of fully built buggy's being sold in the 10K range now if you go state-side. But that sammy is purdy!

Good luck Brian!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Suzuki Samurai Super Nice - $9500 (Newton)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-04-12, 6:35PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I prefer your rig but this is comparable... 9500$

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/1689431891.html

This 100% RUST FREE 1987 Samurai is ready for the road or trail. It shows 61,000 miles on the odometer. My Buddies and I have used this for hunting and fishing for several years, it has never let us down. We have been in rough areas with no problems, it goes anywhere. It has a Loc Rite locker in the rear, it has Tracker 5.13 diffs, there are heavy duty bumpers front and rear. It has a T Max 9500# winch with wireless control. It has power steering and power disc brakes. The original seats have wet suit material covers. The 1.3 engine runs great with no smoke or noises. There are many more additions that make this a real nice little Sammy. Come and have a look you won't be disappointed. Carl 604 590 1413

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/1689431891.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.