BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on buying a new high lift jack and was wondering which brand is the best. I own a 1963 unimog 404 so i need something tall and strong. Jack all, high lift, jack mate which is the best?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi-lift is the most popular and has the most accesories made for it and they are good quality, but Jackalls are Canadian made and alot of the hi-lift stuff works with them. I've never used a jack mate, so I cant comment on it but you cant go wrong with either of the others. I know that dosent help much.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by Rayman17:
I'm planning on buying a new high lift jack and was wondering which brand is the best. I own a 1963 unimog 404 so i need something tall and strong. Jack all, high lift, jack mate which is the best?
AFAIK, JackMate and Jack Alls are the same...I think JackMate is selling Jack Alls under their own name in the US market. Speaking of which, we'll be doing a review of the Jackmate tool (not the jack, the add-one device) in the very near future.

As for your 'Mog, I'd go for a big block of wood and a big hydraulic bottle jack. The 'Mog is tall enough that a climbing jack wouldn't be able to lift it very high, simply because the natural attachment point, the bumper, is already quite high off the ground.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
416 Posts
I picked up a 60"Jackall or one of those brands for $56 at Princess Auto which is a good deal.Don't know if they are still on sale thought.Maybe stop buy there and check them out.

------------------
86 4-runner 305,TH350,203,threelink front,6inch skyjacker rear.5.29s,lockers and more to come if I can save the money

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yep thats what it was,couldn't remember the brand but knew they sell a couple.Hope it holds up to the task at hand whatever it happens to be.

------------------
86 4-runner 305,TH350,203,threelink front,6inch skyjacker rear.5.29s,lockers and more to come if I can save the money

·
Registered
344 Posts
lordco has there 48" jackall for $79.99 some special x-mas sale they say...just called nsor and they want $124.20, but of course they would match the price if i asked...maybe we could arrange a group buy? i'm in the market for one..anyone else??

allan

------------------
93 YJ, 4" lift with 32's.

·
Registered
223 Posts
JACKALL = CHEAPER
I`ve had mine for about 5 years now and used it as a prybar and ran it over more than twice and it still works, just lube it every now and then.

------------------
MERRY CHISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts